Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A few years ago, when I was into drag racing with my ERBE I did this from scratch...

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=427734

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzZU4y_E-8

Soon I'll have this truck to use it with!!!

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    I wonder if that's a different version? All I know is I have several MMPros (even a couple from the beta-testing period) and they are all 6s. However, even though it's rated for 6s, I personally like to leave a little voltage "headroom" for those pesky braking spikes. So maybe that's why they say 5s. The MMPro (if that's what it is) in this vehicle does look a little different, so it's possible they beefed up a sidewinder (or similar) ESC specifically for this vehicle.

On an unrelated note;

As far as the negative comments about the car in general: you won't be able to please everyone. I personally like it being electric, but for those who long for the smell/performance/realism/messiness of nitro, there is nothing stopping you from doing a conversion. Heck, back in the day, the only way to get a decent electric vehicle was to do a nitro-to-electric conversion. I'm sure with a little ingenuity and basic fabrication skills, you could do the reverse and shoehorn a nitro mount, engine, fuel tank, and servos in there.
    Wow, man, excellent post - great value there. And now I know why all the CASTLE-branded MMPro cases were back-ordered, lol.

It sure looks a lot like the SCT Pro in my 4s4, and that's a great thing! I can't wait to see what other parts could be swapped around with other Traxxas models.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I wasn't bashing it... in order for the driver control to be as realistic as possible it needs to be electric... and I will be buying one... on the other hand I can't wait till someone hacks it up and throws a bb nitrogen engine in!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    -JuRRd

heh im just wondering who will be the first to shoe-horn a MMM combo in there lol
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JuRRd87 View Post
    I wasn't bashing it... in order for the driver control to be as realistic as possible it needs to be electric... and I will be buying one... on the other hand I can't wait till someone hacks it up and throws a bb nitrogen engine in!

Nitro... stupid auto correct

-JuRRd

Quote Originally Posted by Dasvolkswagen View Post
    I'm keeping this positive, but can't we really say what we want? And give or inputs. It seems like there's a lot of trolling going around, I'm surprised this forum gets as much action as it does. When the control issue and fear of what's said or if someone runs a piccolo motor on a traxxas it gets shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    Voicing your opinion is fine, but voicing your opinion over and over and over and over is annoying. All that does is waste everyone's time. The new car isn't what you wanted? Fine. It's not for everyone. Nothing we make is for everyone. I wrote a similar post in the XO-1 thread when the haters started to spam that forum up with negative posts. If you don't like the car, please move on. If you feel like you have to say something, (which in turn, brings more attention to the car you don't like) say what you need to say and move on.

I'm also going to leave this here too:

9. No pointless complaining, moaning, and whining. This mostly applies to the operation and moderation of the online community. Members will be banned, threads removed, and so on based on the clearly defined rules. Publicly bemoaning the operation of the community and the way the rules are enforced will not put you in good favor with the moderators. If you have a legitimate concern or suggestion, PM a moderator or send a message to forum@traxxas.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I am NOT saying you or anyone have done anything wrong to this point however the "this is America i have the right to free speech " thing does not stand up here. The right to free speech in America means you can start your own forum and do or say what you want there. This is Traxxas's house and they set the rules as to what you can or can not say. Has mentioned earlier your feedback is welcome let's just not let it cross the line into ranting or bashing on Traxxas

It is a privilege to post here, not a right. Traxxas owns this board so they can operate it and set the rules the way they see fit. You could operate your own board and set it up the way you want; so if you do not want us talking about Fords (using your username Dasvolkswagen) on your board then what right do I have to complain if I agreed to your rules when signing up? Why should you put up with my complaining about why I cannot talk about what spark plugs work best in Ford's Coyote engine?

IMO, this is a great forum. I come here to talk about my Traxxas vehicles and what works in them and what does not. If I wanted to talk about other vehicles, there are plenty of other forums to peruse.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    WOW... talk about shutting down all the "nothing new coming out these days" comments eh... an RTR 1/8 dragster with, what are without question, the most advanced set of drag electronics ever. SO cool. Its not my thing... no place to run it other than the highway and I don't want the timing system getting run over. But I absolutely applaud traxxas for never letting the grass grow under their feet. something new, all the time. Im an off road guy for the most part and I very much appreciate all the new stuff they come up with. Even if its on road I know eventually the technology will develop and find its way into my hands.

Look at the diff in that thing... what IS that. Its a whole new transmission, appears to be direct drive? Is the diff somehow adjustable or effected by the launch control or is that ALL in the radio and ESC? Think about this, the radio is now controlling punch settings. Or it must be to have the different settings. This is getting us one step closer to a true iDevice based Castle Link system IMO... which would absolutely be amazing... programming my castle ESC's with my iPhone.

On a different train of thought, this opens up a great opportunity to start doing tractor pulls as well. A set of 1/8 paddle tires and and some mods and you could be pulling a weighted sled (heck, even concrete blocks) with your buddings.

A+ on new ideas traxxas. Way cool. BTW, does courtney come with the car? If so, ill order one now.

^ these last 2 posts. nuff said.

Got a question...
    Realistic "Tube" Chassis
    The steel, welded-tube construction of the full-size John Force Racing Funny Cars is replicated by the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car's gleaming black-chrome chassis.
    Anyone from Traxxas that has had hands on, what is said "black chrome" tube chassis made from.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    BTW, does courtney come with the car? If so, ill order one now.

Nope, you get John.
    The Super Derecho

Too bad some people want to steer this thread off topic. Hopefully it gets cleaned up a bit. This car is too cool to let the discussion unravel into something it shouldn't. There are other areas of the forum to discuss that stuff... not here. This is a happy place.

Not going to lie... as funny as John is... id need a discount if he came with the car. Courtney... well thats a different story. How did he create that? How... I've never seen his wife but she must be something. Hehe. Still, one of the all time BEST personalities in all of motor sports. His end of the run comments are some of the best you'll ever hear.

Ill never forget the time he was at the championship race and just beat someone to put him in the final. At the end of the track he gets out of the car and the announcer guy comes up and asks him a question or two and john is his usual crazy self and the guy asks him "so, who are you racing for the champion ship". Without hesitation he opens his mouth to say something then you can see him thinning about it, he stops, points at the camera and says "Ummm... japan" and smiles. I think it was Cruze Pedragon he was racing next but it was so borderline inappropriate but SO funny... what a guy.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if those tires will fit on a Rustler...

Dear Santa and/or parents...
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    Yea I just don't get why people feel the need to cry that they don't like it and it needs to be gas. If you don't like then guess what, don't buy it and stop complaining. The XO isn't a car I like, and guess what....I haven't posted once in that forum. Sweet car but I have no where to run it. If ya like it good, if not...move on.

RC Qualifier
    Another awesome and innovative idea from a great company. Hands down. Just like anything else Traxxas makes even if its not your cup of tea there will be something about it that has a wow factor for anyone. The game changing technology is enough to get me excited. Imagine when the first guy finds a way to put this in a stampede or rustler; really? Controlled burnouts to wheelies anyone? And I don't care how many nay sayers here- someone will find a way to do it. Awesome. Another surprise and I think its great. Keep the great ideas coming Traxxas! Thanks!
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

Listed at Amain for $479.99 on PreOrder now.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    If you want it to be nitro then make it nitro. What happen to the spirit of creating things and experiminting. If you want it to be nitro, by all means make it nitro. But then again here I am complaining about the complainers. I personally looking foward to the timing light set up and using it on all my rc's.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Qualifier
    I think i'd like 2 of these! One to go BIG electric in (mmm and so on) And the other one to convert to do some tractor pulls! (Sweet idea Pave) ...maybe even convert the tractor into nitro too when i need a change.

Also, i want to see this thing light them tires up and see if we can get a lil smoke!

Great idea Traxxas. Im just waiting for you guys to crack the motorcycle (dirt/street) market someday too. You guys already rule the ground, why not rule ALL the ground?!?

Just my .02
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Whose gonna be the first to fab up a line lock in front for some real smokey burnouts? A little bleach, and you'll get thick white smoke! This car is so cool. I will never own one, but cant wait to see the races on espn...
    Great vehicle for a spec class.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Newport Or. Over looking the beautiful bay
    GREAT work Traxxas! Love, love, love it I have been a life long "Force" racing fan and when I seen this I was way flippin' excited to say the least! I WILL be getting me one. Keep up the good work guys!

There is a Division 6 NHRA track that I hang out at most weekend in the summer and the Funny car will be a big hit during track prep and between rounds. Can't wait.
    Last edited by smplgy65; 04-03-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    FLM E-MAXX 3908 6s
    Rustler VXL x 2 MMP SCT 3800

RC Racer
    Good job traxxas. Glad its not on the revo chassis lol. Not bashing but I was beginning to think that was the only suspension setup and chassis they were going to use anymore. Im personally going to look into getting one of these and have already talked two other people into getting it also. The staging and burnout features and setup are truly innovative. And the staging system need we say more tottal awesome. There will be a big demand for these cars in some places.

RC Champion
    Traxxas is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent $1000 on an XO-1 and now I'm gonna have to buy one of these! My wife is gonna kill me! LOL

Also, so many really cool features on this thing. I was heavy into drag racing for many years, but got out of it because it's so expensive. Now, I think I can get into this.
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    New video is up now

Traxxas Funny Car
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Champion
    BTW, does courtney come with the car? If so, ill order one now.
    I'll be getting the Courtney Force car..... just because.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx
    New video is up now

Traxxas Funny Car
    Thanks for the link! Man, that thing is awesome!
    Last edited by ponie1992; 04-03-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Jeremy

Im beginning to see even more interesting technology here that may be useable elsewhere. The rear end does nto have drive shafts. It is essentially a solid axle. I wonder how this coudl be adatped for crawlers. Furthermore, the rear end is a 3 link setup which is similar to a trophy truck in design. I wonder if this could be adatped for use on other vehicels?

Finally, the tilting body mount at the rear. Depending on how that worked it could possible be adatped to other vehciles. That way, you coudl use a standard front body mount, remove the pins, tilt it up, change your pack and only have 2 clips to worry about loosing. That woudl be great for guys who run in th winter as well... lots of interesting stuff going on here.

RC Champion
    Finally, the tilting body mount at the rear. Depending on how that worked it could possible be adatped to other vehciles. That way, you coudl use a standard front body mount, remove the pins, tilt it up, change your pack and only have 2 clips to worry about loosing. That woudl be great for guys who run in th winter as well... lots of interesting stuff going on here.
    I would love to have this feature on my XO-1.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm not a fan of drag racing at all, but this new car is awesome! Some really innovative features on it, and a very scale looking vehicle. I suppose this is a good alternative to the XO-1 for people who want a speed run vehicle, but at a more affordable price point. I can't wait to see just how fast these cars can be made to go.

Traxxas really is expanding it's opportunities to sell RC's! Time to watch the vid!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Champion
    I think that chassis, extended like 4" will be the next release from Traxxas

A Top Fuel dragster
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Racer
    Just listed up one of my XO-1 for sale. Will be pre-ordering one this weekend at my LHS..

RC Enthusiast
    I couldnt care less how much they cost, I am surely ordering at least 2 as soon as possible. I cannot wait to test them out. If I really like them I may buy several and have a scale dragstrip built. This has been my dream, and electric drag car that i wil make to crush all nitro!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    Just listed up one of my XO-1 for sale. Will be pre-ordering one this weekend at my LHS..
    Oh, that is to bad for you? I have 2 XO-1 and I love them, but I do have very good track to run them on, this you need. We have small club and 3 other members are to order the XO-1, then perhaps we have actual race with these cars on our 1/4 mile oval car track. But, this is more about the drag car, which I have been praying for so long. I already have in my mind how the drag track shall look, with the beautiful shiny new sticky tarmac

RC Qualifier
    I went and checked it out on the product page.Must say it's impressive.Then I went on YouTube to check out some drag racing scale size.Doesn't look to easy to me.100.20 mph in 1.33 seconds.Thank again Traxxas.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Very nice replica. I may get one. Anyone getting one in the Houston,Tx area can come race with us at http://www.gcdragracing.com/.
    2 Stampede's, E-Maxx, Extended chassis T-Maxx 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tmfd60 View Post
    Oh, that is to bad for you? I have 2 XO-1 and I love them, but I do have very good track to run them on, this you need. We have small club and 3 other members are to order the XO-1, then perhaps we have actual race with these cars on our 1/4 mile oval car track. But, this is more about the drag car, which I have been praying for so long. I already have in my mind how the drag track shall look, with the beautiful shiny new sticky tarmac
    Dude why do you think that's too bad

I have (2) XO-1 that I don't use much!!

I'm just replacing 1 of my XO-1 with the funny car. The XO-1 and the Funny Car are toy grade RC's compare too my other RC cars!! LOL

The traxxas cars just look so cool!! There a must have. For me!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I think is too bad you have to give up one car to get the other is all. I hope you can have many of both cars soon

I was reading that as "You got it bad!"
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tmfd60 View Post
    I think is too bad you have to give up one car to get the other is all. I hope you can have many of both cars soon
    I don't want to have too many RC's thats all..I don't have to give it up. I want to..

I also have (2) REAL RC Dragster, That are made for drag racing only.. What's kool about the funny car is that you can drive it around, I can't drive my dragster's around. There just made to go very fast straight..

The (2) Xo-1 had fill that gap, Now the funny car will help with that...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Just cant wait to see some national coverage... Mark my words...

EDIT: I dont think traxxas would have done this without a real direction to go in real motorsports. These are gonna be run at all national drag races... See if they dont sell.

A box stock spec class would be killer...
    Last edited by rag6; 04-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    hmmm what can i sell erevo or pede..Ive had other dragsters and prostock nitro cars..they are cool just u need a decent prepped track..I do like they way lose traction it is cool..

RC Champion
    Dear traxxas please tell me thats a 2400 sct motor only in blue? If it comes with a 5mm shaft that would be great as well. either way i'll ditch my green motor in a heart beat for a blue one.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    ha traxxas heard me i asked for a funny car rep and wallah..

i also wonder if the 4s limitation is a suggestion or something that the esc is limited to. it's defnately a mmp, but HPI also uses those escs on alot of their new 1/10 line, just re-stickered. hmmm....
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC