RC Champion

getting better at this. my new sensored combo.

just had to show everyone that im getting better at this electric stuff

a few weeks ago i bought a hobbywing 1800kv sensored motor, and the 150amp esc, with program box. well i got the combo today. so i just had to try it. (saving this combo for a summit) this was ordered from china. and took 16 days to receive. i was in no hurry. dont have enough money for a summit anyway.

i soldered on some traxxas connectors. i did good at my third time soldering.

did the throttle range calibration. then whaaallaaa. ready to go. i used a pair of 5000mah nimhs just to test it out in the driveway with my led lights on cause it was dark, lol it was fun.. im liking it. ive got some 2s lipos coming, and then ill be ripping up this e-maxx.

ive been reading up on the programing box. and it seems pretty simple as well.

thanks for looking.

i am not going to be totally bashing this. im considering a crawler. with possy diffs. the 2 speed tranny. im going to make a finger shifter. instead of a servo to shift gears. (no need for 3 channel stuff)

any thoughts as a crawler.
    Last edited by ajcar; 04-09-2012 at 10:26 PM.

looks like you know what you want in a truck & all looks good....congrats..........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Nice set up. I am not sure what you mean by a finger shifter. As for a crawler I would go with the summit instead.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrocker View Post
    Nice set up. I am not sure what you mean by a finger shifter. As for a crawler I would go with the summit instead.
    im about two weeks away from ordering a summit. so this e-maxx will be temporary.

RC Champion
    So by a finger shifter do you mean you will shift it manually on the truck ?

RC Champion
    Yes the shifter is on the chassy. I did my 3906e-maxx that way cause i only got the 2 channel 2.4radio. I will post a pic this afternoon.

RC Champion
    I put a summit tranny in a scaler I built. My favorite part was being able to shift on the fly with the Tx.

RC Champion

this is what i have setup. it is all the way in. the black part is pretty tight so it holds the wire secure.

this is what it looks like all the way out. again the black bar is so tight that it holds the wire secure. ive been running it like this till i broke a front shock tower. i had no problems (that black bar is part of the front steering assembly from a maxx truck) so i spent no money.

couldnt afford the 3 channel 2.4 system. so i stayed with the 2 channel.

pictures are of my 3906 e-maxx. but same idea for the 3903.