Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    well, heck, that revo conversion didnt look bad at all. maybe ill go that route then, i think the composite (plastic) chassis way might be lighter...but ill try it to see if i like it

i think the only real difference is weight distribution, the ERBE chassis seems to do a better job of it. Especially of you are planning on running 6s.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

angry rant post.

lol not really but i went to change the MMM over to give this guy a rip today and only now did i notice that the spur i picked up from the LHS a couple weeks back was wrong. Did you all know a 50t mod0.8 and a 40t Mod1 are pretty much identical in size... close enough to not even notice it was packaged wrong when i bought 2 40t mod 1 *shakeshead
    Didn't even notice when i mounted it on the truck, only when i went to set the mesh did i get that thought of "hey that's not right"

Oh well it will wait another day, since i don't have any mod 0.8 pinions kicking around that will get me any more than 25 mph...

Gotta swap it over to Mod1, but i hate removing and changing spurs on the fly, so a new one it is from the LHS on Monday.

I would run the gearing from the ERBE-gt but i don't really want a 65mph E-slayer lol

RC Qualifier
    just read all 3 pages :P its a nice build, i like the e Slayer. good job building that E-Slayer Cameron!

Thanks man, now maybe one of these days the weatherman might cooperate and give me a break from the rain to drive it lol.

RC Champion
    In case i missed it, what pinion and spur are you going to start with ?

gonna start with 18/40 and see where that goes. Running Mod1

check that, 18/40 motor hits the ESC mount. picked it up to 20/40. no issues now. It comes to work with me tomorrow hope to catch a sunny break to give it a rip.

This truck is a blast. So much more fun than my original Slayer. (i couldn't convert that truck to a Revo fast enough)
    2200kv MMM v3
    20/40 gearing
    Silver(f) Blue(r) springs on 35wt.

Took it out at work the other day and put it on its lid off my nemesis. We have a speed bump that has flipped EVERY rc i have ever driven over it. Which is messed up since i can drive it around the dirt lot next door for hours and keep it on the wheels but 1 trip over the speed bump and im sliding on plastic. I just need to remember to take pictures BEFORE driving in the parking lot at work.

Basically took the Rockstar logo right off the roof in the parking lot, so i did a bit of re-decalling today too.

Cleaned up after yesterday

RC Qualifier
    Is that a proline flo tek? Or is that a j concepts air flow body?
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

Neither, Associated SC8.

What a change from when i had my first short wb Slayer back a couple years ago.

I'm actually impressed with how well this thing handles. on and off road. Gave it a thorough beat down last weekend out at the lake, very happy with this build.

And didn't break anything either
    Not for lack of trying either, i was going through a sweeping left turn probably a bit faster than i should have been going and clipped a gopher hole with the rear tire, well the truck went flying. Barrel rolled at least 5-6 times before hitting the ground again, at which point it dug in and went flipping again. Landed after all that shiny side up and i kept on going. Kids watching were just amazed lol.