RC Qualifier

Need Some Help - Uninstalling the ESC and Receiver

I already took the motor out, but it's still attached to the ESC. I am uninstalling these parts right now. Are they stuck to the car with doublesided tape? There are two screws on the side of the ESC that come out, but what else has to be unscrewed to take it out?

Haven't touched the receiver yet, any pointers for that?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Disconnected the motor from the ESC, and unscrewed 4 screws on the bottom to unattach the plastic support for the battery tray and the capacitor bank... still working on it...
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    the esc is also taped down, the reciever box is a real pain as its connected to the servo, i took out the front battery tray to make it easier to get the receiver box out.
    E-revo leopard 4082
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Qualifier
    I am going to run and get some thick dental floss to see if I can cut through the double sided tape faster...

Nevermind. A really thin and long pocket knife blade worked for the ESC. On to the receiver...

Got the receiver out. Unscrewed the 3 bottom screws, unscrewed the 4 screws on the server connecting it to the plastic housing that is attached to the receiver box, pulled the wires out, and slid everything out. Pried the receiver out of the box it is in with a thin flat blade as the tape on the bottom was really thin.

Pulling the wires to the ESC now...
    Last edited by bringit; 03-22-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    The surgery is over. Time to pack the parts and ship them so I can order my new stuff

XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    Clear your inbox bud, can't respond to your PM's.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Here is a tip on uninstalling the receiver. Unscrew the bottom screws for the front battery holder but don't take the batter hold out. You just need the wiggle room. Unscrew the three screws on the bottom of the receiver holder while leaving the servo connected to that arm thing. Then you can slide the receiver assembly to the driver's side and unscrew the top two screws and side screw. Unscrew the one holding the antenna holder in place, and then take the covers off, unplug the connectors to the receiver, and pull the wires through. You will be able to carefully pull the antenna through at this point. Lastly use a flat blade to pry the receiver out from the side that is facing the front of the car. You will have to pry along the driver side and the back some too, but it is not stuck in there as hard as the doublesided tape on the ESC. Hope this helps.

Note: This is my second one I have taken out. The first time I disconnected the servo and all of that nonsense...
    XO-1 #4...