Thread: mip wobble ?

RC Enthusiast

mip wobble ?

any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,

RC poster
    What kit do you have? Do you have pics?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slashatc View Post
    any way to shim the mips ,cause i can take the mip closest to diff and move it 1/4 inch in each direction on end of diff gear ,
    Did you use hpi pins or the included set screws to attach these to the diff outdrives? these HPI86094 work a 1000x better than the set screws. they go through the out drive like the standard drive shaft pin does, these are the perfect fit for the mip xduty cvd's.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Enthusiast
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one

RC Champion
    I use those through pins but the axle shakes so much it makes the bearing inner hole open up and I get a severe wobble and I'm not the only one
    I have no wobble, so i would check your assembly and what hexs are you using

I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had the same thing happen. For me I got some thread locker on moving parts. I took it apart and cleaned it. Make sire you don't use too much loctite so you dont lock moving parts up.
    I did the same thing lol, i used it very sparingly after cleaning them up. Been holding well so far.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm talking about the diff side not the wheel side , take ur 2 fingers and grab the mip joint the screws into diff and wiggle it

RC Enthusiast
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there

RC Racer
    slash im going all stock for next week. diff cup, axles, everything. I think we just put these trucks through to much in one day. 8 straight ours is too much without a teardown even though we blow them off with every pack. Steve's axles help up fine with the 2400 for the day. Oh yea I got a video of saturday loading to youtube ill post it here later.

RC Champion
    nevermind , its the diff cup wearing out and the shaft is moving around in there
    I had that problem with my 2wd pede i ended up putting bearings into the diffcasing to support the shaft. Ill have to take a look at mine sometime

RC Enthusiast
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup

RC Champion
    thanks apex , but i dont see any way to do that on the 4x4 , unless we can get some kind of one bearing instead of cup
    You would have to find a way to modify the diff cup to accept bearings, I wish someone would make an aluminum diff cup that accepted bearings, metal on metal or metal on plastic without a bearing seams silly.

RC Champion
    double post.
    Last edited by Apexracing; 03-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    hey ur on to something , there is a snall slot for the rubber , maybe a small bearing will fit , im going to try to measure it , thanks apex for the idea