i have converted from 3.3 nitro to electric using the tekno revo conversion kit. i want mechanical brakes front and rear for more control under braking. no matter what i do i cannot get them to work.
i want to start off by saying when i did the electric conversion that i hooked up the motor wires to the esc in the same configuration that they are on the motor. when throttle was applied the truck went backwards. so i reversed the black and red wires at the esc and it went the correct direction.
now for mechanical brakes i have a Y connector coming off channel 2 on my reciever for the brake servo. the servo spins the wrong direction to apply brake. i tried reversing the directing of the servo and reprogramming the esc but if i reverse the direction of the servo then it wont let me reprogram the esc correctly. to program the castle esc's you have to pull the throttle 100% and hold it while turning on the esc, then push trigger forward for full brake, then relax to neutral. if i reverse the direction of the servo then it will only let me program it if i push the trigger forward first and then pull the trigger second and then relax to neutral. when i did that the motor spun only 50% in forward and 100% in reverse which is the opposite of how i have the esc configured through castlelink.
so basically if i configure everything so that the servo works right then the esc thinks its going in reverse and only gives the motor 50% power going forward and 100% power in reverse. if i get the motor configured right so that it gives 100% power going forward and only 50% power in reverse then the servo spins the wrong direction.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET THIS UP CORRECTLY SO THAT THE SERVO SPINS THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR MECHANICAL BRAKES AND FOR THE ESC TO BE PROGRAMMED CORRECTLY SO THAT THE MOTOR WILL SPIN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF POWER???