Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Got some wheels on it!

Thanks to my sponsors: Pro-Line/ Boca/ STS

RC Racer
    My Thunder Power motor got back ordered so they are sending me a Reedy Sonic instead! Went from Trinity, Thunder Power, and hopefully I get the Sonic lol..

RC Racer
    Update

What I added so far.

4x4 steering rack ( crap )

What is on the way?

Strc stay shaft
    Aluminum output yokes
    B4.1 slipper
    Aluminum top deck
    84t spur
    21t & 22t pinion
    graphite tranny case
    grease
    strc hinge pins
    proline steering rack

RACE DAY SUMMARY:

So first time I raced the truck, it was pretty good. Our friday night season opener, 80 people over 3 individual heats of 17.5. I would say atleast 25-30 trucks all together. I was running 50wgt. all the way around for my first two heats. I finished 2nd after getting wrecked on the first lap and first in the second heat. Not happy with the truck I rebuilt the shocks to 30wgt. all the way around, put calibers up front & bowfighters in the rear, and changed my turbo settings. Now I started in the A-main, the shock fluid was amazing, the change really helped as I was able to jump and corner much better. The handling came alive! The rear was to loose for my liking but, I managed to finish 3rd in the A which is great for me! 3 slashes did great that night, my buddies and I finished 123 in the heat.

Race summary today:

Today was amazing, got out there early and changed some esc settings and that was it. I ran my lethal tire combo, blockades in rear and calibers up front ( all m2's ) Highly reccomend these tires. Most of our sct's stuggle with a short run up of 3 sets of doubles. My truck managed to double, double, single, single out. I was the only truck today doing it. I TQ'd both heats, and won the A-Main.

Love my slash But still not happy with it, as I need to gain more on power steering and fix the leaky shocks. Add more front weight? But it nose dives so idk yet..

Update, added the graphite tranny, strc hinge pins, metal drive cups, and B4.1 slipper clutch. More to come and race day tomm. & Sat!

RC Racer

RC Champion
    nice slipper setup.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Racer
    Thank you, Idk how it works yet but for $10 bucks shipped on ebay (comes with everything) is a no brainer! I was having trouble with the stock traxxas slipper. Was not consistent

RC Qualifier
    What is everything that was needed to convert the slipped to AE? Just wondering cause I have been thinking of doing that for a while.
    MERV + Custom LCG race slash

RC Racer
    Annoying night tonight. Messed with the camber links on the hub, either it was to twitchy or super tight. I could not find a inbetween. No rear grip. Ended up 4th & 3rd in each heat, got taken it out and it cost me 3rd in the A. Kyosho, SC10, and me (slash). Truck ran great, the slipper system is so so consistent! Pro-Line steering rack is off the change, lock it down and it's great to go. See how I end up tomm. Tranny case kept temps down, although slightly heavier by 20grams, its hardly noticeable... good if anything. Fit and finish is great.

All you have to buy is the strc slipper shaft for the slash and the complete b4.1, t4.1, or sc10 slipper clutch system.
    Last edited by dstaks; 04-20-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I know you are running a less powerful motor than I was in mod, but I would suggest that you make sure that the top shaft is shimmed in so that there is no play. The looseness of the top gear on the strc shaft can cause the pin to pop out of the top gear, which will shred the shims, and then destroy the bearings. If the top shaft can be pulled in and out of the trans even a tiny bit, it may be loose enough to cause damage.

Congrats on runnin up with the "race" trucks. It is a good feeling knowing that AE and Losi are lookin over their shoulder...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Rag you race a "The Grove" ? I'll double check the trans as soon as I tear it down, I have a problem with a screw backing out on the tranny case and grinding the back of the slipper clutch. I tq'd today and won A and my buddies slash got 2nd

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Not at the grove, but at PT Raceway near Pittsburgh.

Those guys are pretty fast. What are the top 3 drivers driving?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Not at the grove, but at PT Raceway near Pittsburgh.
    Oh ok, I use to live near Pitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Those guys are pretty fast. What are the top 3 drivers driving?
    Top guys were Kyosho, Losi, & Associated. The SC10 & Losi are the most popular.

RC poster
    need help i got the traxxas balane charger i had battrey on it for like 4hr how long does it take to charge

RC Racer
    ^^ Srry, never used that charger. Make a thread..

Hard copy to see if it works. Jangs rustler chassis idea, reinforced by two turnbuckles. The slash is heavier so, that's what I am worried about.

RC Racer
    Going to run 2 front braces somehow, because there is a little to much flex right now up front. See how she holds up.

RC Racer

I like what you are doing here. How about a carbon fiber plate to stiffen up the chassis? May just need it in the battery tray. Looks like the center of the chassis may have a lot of twist. A local company here makes custom cf parts. PM me if you want contact info.
    Another question. What do those links do that the strc kit does not? No offense, but it looks like your trying to strengthen the strongest part of the whole setup?

RC Racer
    Okay here is a report from today. I will start off saying it is super light, I don't have a scale so I can't weight it. I had a couple guys pick it up and were surprised. My friend and I put this chassis to the test and beat the crap out of our trucks. Goon driving at it's best, chassis survived except the top plate. ( My fault because I cut it to far due to my battery cables awhile back. The flex deff. broke it tho.)

New top plate, finally came in.

Taking care of the weak point of the rustler chassis, and now since I cut it ( it flexes more )

Came up with this, and put a turnbuckle in the middle, very stiff and pretty happy with it.

Now the top deck. The aluminum plate took some flex out but not all. I installed 2 turnbuckles where the servo mounts are and the battery strap. Take a majority of it out but, there is a very tiny bit left. I may or may not stiffen it yet, unsure at the moment.

And this is what ended up cracking, never noticed until the truck got torn apart for cleaning/modding.

I race this Friday & Saturday will report back on how it does. I have a couple more mods in mind, and might install in the future. Thanks, Derek.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I like what you are doing here. How about a carbon fiber plate to stiffen up the chassis? May just need it in the battery tray. Looks like the center of the chassis may have a lot of twist. A local company here makes custom cf parts. PM me if you want contact info.
    Another question. What do those links do that the strc kit does not? No offense, but it looks like your trying to strengthen the strongest part of the whole setup?
    Thank you very much for the feedback, I am trying my best to make this a full on light race machine. Please pm me the contact info greatly appreciated.. And this is what I was after fixing with the turnbuckles in the rear...

Taking care of the weak point of the rustler chassis, and now since I cut it ( it flexes more )

RC Racer
    Ready for this week

Yesterday

RC Racer
    New shocks Need to go down on fluid...