RC poster

An E-Revo Project I've been working on (With pix of course)

Hey guys, I am new here but I've been looking over and reading lots of threads regarding E-Revos.

Well I picked up this E Revo new over a month ago because I wanted something to rip around the snow with. However, once I got it out I couldn't believe how slow it was. I had an E Maxx years ago with the twin Titans and I had remembered it being fun. But since then I've had a Flux, and a slash 4x4 so I guess my interpretation of fun has changed.

I am basically turning it into a E-revo Brushless Edition but with a few upgrades of course. Not in a super rush since we still have snow on the ground. So I've just been picking up parts here and there. I was happy when I won the motor for $96.00 on ebay one night.

Here are some pix.

The First is just showing some of the goodies I've picked up.

Not sure what I am going to do with all this now. I bought a 775 off of JRC so I could still run it in the winter without having to change the motor mount but not sure if I'll want to run it after have the BL set up in the truck.

My charges and the new 2 cell and 3 cell batts I picked up. Going to run this on 5 Cell as it seems to be a good sweet spot.

Running with 60wt shock oil and the optional silver and blue springs that came with the truck.

Body for now is nothing special just the one that came with the kit. I will be switching to a truck style body soon.

Thanks to the 4PK there's no yucky Y adapter for the steering here.

The truck as it sits now. I just grab what I can and whats in stock at GH.

I'll be updating often so if your interested come back and check out the progress.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice look'n build man. I see a lot of good stuff there. Not a Star Wars fan are ya? I'm subscribing to your thread.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Good start man...really like the build threads,beats the heck out of mine. I broke this.I broke that. Seems mine are heavy on destruction...lol
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    looks good you must be from edmonton if you buy from gh i am not far away i have been to gh a few times a lot better than hh keep us updated.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    man, your project e-revo is wicked. also welcome aboard!!!!
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC poster
    Hey thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ch3no2jfr View Post
    looks good you must be from Edmonton if you buy from gh i am not far away i have been to gh a few times a lot better than hh keep us updated.
    No I don't live anywhere near a store. Sucks because they use to ship from Edmonton or the PEI store, now its Edmonton only. And they have seem to ship everything to the other stores like Ottawa and Mississauga. I'm waiting for a pinion that has to come from a supplier even though one of there stores has what I want in stock. Arghhh.

They wont transfer stock either. 5 in each other location, 0 in Edmonton and i wait 2-3 weeks for special order. :angry:
    And yes the mail order ships from Edmonton now. I hate to say it but i have taken a good chunk of my business to Amain.
    I give Great Hobbies first chance but if they don't have it in stock i just buy from the states. If i have to pay shipping i may as well save a couple bucks.

Back to the topic at hand though, that's a great looking build. So clean and shiny.
    Only way it looks better right now as it sits is a dyed chassis
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    +1 cameron all business comes from a main hobbies and rc planet is good to it takes about 10 days if canada customs is on the ball and shipping is less then coming from edmonton my buddy ordered a truck from gh and they shipped it from pei for 68.00 dollars i thought that gh should have ate the shipping from pei to edmonton. it cost me 38.00 to get a truck shipped from a main to slave lake a lot cheaper.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

RC poster
    Guys its been free shipping for over a year now. Thats why I've been ordering only from them.

RC Racer
    are those akku batts any good?
    the ones on your photos
    oh sorry nice wheels hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked. View Post
    Guys its been free shipping for over a year now. Thats why I've been ordering only from them.
    I wonder why the guys at the shop always say, "if you want to pay the shipping we can bring it across for you"

Whats your plan for tires on the desperado's (i think desperado's lol)
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    Not sure. I picked up a set of new BE E Maxx tires and wheels of ebay. I really like the look of them. As for the desperados I am going to grab either a set of bowties or paddles for next winter.