RC Qualifier

Does limiting Torque/Power Raise ESC temps?

as the title says, assuming ive done the tq test, will limiting my power with a programmer raise the ESC temps by resisting the electrical force? the other option is to buy 2 cell lipos.... right? haha SOOO much 6c power!

RC Champion
    IMO no, because both settings will help smooth out the amp spikes and waste less power as heat.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've run pretty aggressive torque limiting before and didn't notice an increase. The torque limiting does have some quirks though.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    I've run pretty aggressive torque limiting before and didn't notice an increase. The torque limiting does have some quirks though.
    What kinda quirks? I was thinking about playing around with my torque settings. I did the torque test once but haven't changed anything just yet.

might be a neat little option, & even punch control I have to ask why.. I spend alot of money on bigger badder batteries, to just detune it?? If 2/3s is more than you want or can handle 5s or 4s.. Guess if you are racing these would come in handy along with drag brake..

2/2s set to kill....

I think it goes

BIGGER BADDER BATTERIES BUILD BIGGER BADDER BASHERS..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

My thought on this was more of a question, thats kinda how i tried to word it the other night Clint. Im not sure exactly how it pulls the power back. My first instinct was that it ads resistance to it in the grand scheme of things there by putting stress on it = heat. But i could be wrong.

Just depends how it limits the draws.

But i gotta say 87GN is right. 2x2s and kill mode haha
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    i think im gonna get 2 2s batteries, last night on 6s i managed to strip the hex out of two of my Big Joes. hahaha i have the slipper a little bit loose, but still pretty **** tight. punch control was also on, i forget what setting... and yup. front right, and rear left wheels are now running a useless rim. haha oops.

on a side note, i was almost attacked by a zombie and was going to use my RC car to defend myself, but the zombie ended up walking away... (stumbling)

BRAINS!!!!