Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 1485
    RC Qualifier
    Today, I spent 10 minutes trying to get my wheels off... And failed. XD
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

RC Qualifier
    Got any pictures for us to see your issue?

RC Qualifier
    It's just too tight, nothing interesting. Ill just borrow my grandfathers metal file and file the nuts off after I get back from camping. Until then I shall just use my other RC's

RC Competitor
    Can u get the nut loose with a socket.

RC Qualifier
    Nope, and after all the trying they've stripped anyway.

RC Qualifier
    With high hopes of getting my merv running, I ordered more parts to throw at it A Trx 25t pinion, 50 & 55t Trx spurs. In preparation of receiving mentioned parts I pulled the motor, clutch plate & spur, to not find a screw holding the motor plate to the Trans. No harm done though. I also repaired heat shrink on the motor wires because the motor heat sink tore them up.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Qualifier
    Did quite a bit to our two MERV's today
    GPM front knuckles fitted, RPM red arms, Steels drive shafts,cleaned and rebuilt diff. New 60amp ESC

2nd MERV, 16t pinion and Summit 1/16 wheels and tires fitted. OFNA wing on.

I'll post pics when I get the chance

RC poster
    Changed the shock oil and the springs. And reglued the front right tire

RC Qualifier
    Today, I did nothing to my merv. I haven't been able to get it running I feel empty inside.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smokey View Post
    Today, I did nothing to my merv. I haven't been able to get it running I feel empty inside.
    Whats wrong with it?

RC Qualifier
    After dyeing the chassis and rebuilding, I get about 5 minutes run time before it starts stuttering like a car running out of fuel. It doesnt just roll to a stop while doing this, it's as if I applied the brakes, then it picks up again. A minute later the ESC LVD starts blinking.

I've run 2 lipo packs and 1 NiMH. I turned the LVD off with the NiMH. I got a couple more minutes with the NiMH until the motor started smoking & I stopped immediately. Not sure there.

I'm seeing about +/- 110*F at the ESC and up to 170*F from the motor.
    Geared at 23/50, stock 380 & ESC, 2s lipo's, center diff 50/100/50k
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Racer
    My guess would be binding in the driveline, but I supposes you've checked that already ...

RC Qualifier
    She rolls smooth
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Racer
    Servo Unplug.. And test.. But Now it could be to late.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to move this to its own thead.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Qualifier
    Installed a new front diff and shimmed it. Here it is with my Slash.

Put 100K in it this time; it has slightly better manners now; before it would always lift up one front tire and balloon it; not as much now.

RC Qualifier
    Cut GRass yesterday. Cleaned up a dirt spot in the yard for some REvo/Slash VXL bashing

Pooped ball out of RPM knuckle thought I needed a 1.5mm wrench bought a complete bit kit with allens down to 1.5mm, only to find out it was still too big!

So I used the wire cutter + needle nose pliers method to unscrew the knuckle cpas and fixed it. Works great

(Wire cutters to loosen screw enough to use needle nose)

Also lost another traxxas servo on my VSL Slash *sigh

RC Qualifier
    A few days ago (before camping) I gave it some rear toe in, bought a HiTec 85, and I'm waiting for it now!!! Ultimate MERV Phase I complete!!!
    Last edited by MooseSlash; 06-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    Drove my slash in the ocean on accident. Let a five year old drive the rally and he put that in the ocean too. All is well now though
    Ultimate Slash 4x4, HCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Took off my crappy hr shocks and put the stock ones back on. Also waterproofed and installed a hs 85 servo. Time to tear it up!!
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Also fixed my brand new tx after the power button took a crap. It ain't pretty, but it works great!

addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wfburton159 View Post
    Drove my slash in the ocean on accident. Let a five year old drive the rally and he put that in the ocean too. All is well now though
    Wish I could like this post instead of reporting it for awesomeness

RC Qualifier
    So much better now

RC Racer
    careful with the rubber ring on the traxxas shaft.. they dry get weak and fly off or fall off. Might do with temps. we are like 35C over here

RC Qualifier
    One of the rear wheels had some broken glue on it and it filled up with water and sand and dirt and rocks.

Pulled off the inner bead, flipped it out washed out the foam and let it dry.

While I was waiting for that, I regeared the car to 23/55. Stock Tires/wheels but the T-Bone racing skid must add too much weight it was getting too hot for comfort at 23/50. Much better after a hard bashing single lipo run. Also replaced a broken rear shock tower with a good one from my slash, (I put the broken one on my slash, it still works just both top rings are cracked) Might look at a alum part as this is twice they broke on my MERV from over tightening the screws. Oddly, never broke on my MSV despite the same ham hands working on that car.

Also set EPA on the MERV. Didnt help with the TGY servo issues. Still drives just buzzes ALL the time.

Cleaned up the car a bit... Spent most of the day tearing down the minislash, replacing a couple outer wheel bearings, cleaning and lubing front diff, and replacing the hollowed out rear links (toe and suspension arms). Just replaced with stockers but most of the slop in the rear tires is gone now . (had extras from when i converted my sons brushed slash to the MERV).

Will test Slash tomorrow. Will be bashing both on my home made dirt track tomorrow. Need to fix the new jump. Making the ramp wider and taller and need to add a landing down slope still.

New gearing makes straight line acceleration difficult, might need to rebuild/reshim the rear diff

RC Competitor
    busy weekend of merv upgrades planned - installed steel center drive shaft and center diff last night because I was bored

HR aluminum bulkheads - rocker and steering bearings -

My son's car gets steel center and outer drive shafts - hiteck WP servo and steering bearings - he is on his own to buy the HR bulkheads or ask Santa . . .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RZSmerv View Post
    busy weekend of merv upgrades planned - installed steel center drive shaft and center diff last night because I was bored

HR aluminum bulkheads - rocker and steering bearings -

My son's car gets steel center and outer drive shafts - hiteck WP servo and steering bearings - he is on his own to buy the HR bulkheads or ask Santa . . .
    Any pics of the bulkheads ? Did they go together ok ?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_h View Post
    Any pics of the bulkheads ? Did they go together ok ?
    google is your friend on the pix - I will be installing them tomorrow afternoon

RC Enthusiast
    finaly got it running on 2x 3S, and wow, thats a whole lot of power. Ive been driving 2S for a year, then got a plane as well when I noticed that the 3S lipos from my plane fit into my car as well. Made an adapter and a paralel connector (yeah the lipos are only 1000mah 30c, not enhough, they get slightly hot if I use 1 and dont have enough amps for the high speed wheelies). Speeds went up to 72km on 1 battery with phone without body. Ill test the speed on 2 later this week. Hoping for the 80KM or 50mph. Might end up using the 28t pinion for a single run.

Hope those bulkheads save some diffs, if they do I might get some as well.
    Last edited by Jadoei13; 06-29-2013 at 02:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Installed my new Exotek big bore shocks! These shocks are no joke and are without a doubt the BEST shocks you can get for the Merv hands down! Too bad they're no longer produced. Big shout out to Bflan2001 for the Exoteks!

RC Qualifier
    Complete tear down of son's MERV.

Cleaned every piece on the car, rebuilt shocks, cleaned and lubed EVERY bearing (including the motor bearings), and extra oring to GPM shocks to help stop leakage. Repacked diffs, ~40K rear 50K front, added one shim to front, swapped out another hollowed out link, and two hollowed out shock eyelets.

Quote Originally Posted by samk View Post
    careful with the rubber ring on the traxxas shaft.. they dry get weak and fly off or fall off. Might do with temps. we are like 35C over here
    I just installed the HR shafts on mine, and they have a steel sleeve over the oring that captures everything together, and they way they are assembled they cannot possibly loose the pin or o-ring. Pretty ingenious design.

Im a little jelly of those exoteks... but i run a Big Block so they wouldnt fit anyways.
    Lost out on a eBay auction a while back, was after them to just have a set.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Im a little jelly of those exoteks... but i run a Big Block so they wouldnt fit anyways.
    Lost out on a eBay auction a while back, was after them to just have a set.
    I've been after them forever and I stumbled upon them over on URC for $35 so I couldn't pass on them. It does suck that you can't use them on big block builds, but I have the HR shocks in my pit box like the ones you have for just such an occasion

oh yeah the HR shocks are pretty darn good too. I love mine.
    But hose Exotecs are like the holy grail for the MERV haha
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    one front stock A-Arm after weekend jumps ...

I am suprised they lasted that long - almost 1 year of abuse - time for RPMs! Didn't invest and order in advance, but they should arrive during the week, so next weekend should be fun as well

RC poster
    Hello all. I'm new here.

I've installed RPM upper and lower A-arms both back and front, replaced toe links and push rods with the aluminium ones, steel constant-velocity drive shafts back and front, new rear differential gear in back and greased it up nicely. So nothing much really.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    Installed my new Exotek big bore shocks! These shocks are no joke and are without a doubt the BEST shocks you can get for the Merv hands down! Too bad they're no longer produced. Big shout out to Bflan2001 for the Exoteks!

Though no longer available as Exoteks, these shocks came out packaged as Yeah Racing DP-1001Ti and were a great deal for $25 considering the mounting options it came with. They are currently available as 3 racing SAK-48/pk & spring set SAK-49 for the Sakura Zero car.
    I'm really curious about the mounts you're using on your Exos.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXmerv View Post
    Though no longer available as Exoteks, these shocks came out packaged as Yeah Racing DP-1001Ti and were a great deal for $25 considering the mounting options it came with. They are currently available as 3 racing SAK-48/pk & spring set SAK-49 for the Sakura Zero car.
    I'm really curious about the mounts you're using on your Exos.
    The mount is the main issue with the yeah racing or Sakura shocks. The Exotek kit comes with a very specific mount that's made for the Merv only, to keep the big shocks clear of the chassis and such. I have no idea where you would be able to find the mount now that Exotek no longer produces the kit. I'll snap you a couple pics of the mounting bracket later so you can see what Exotek did. It is nice that the 3 racing shocks are the same when it comes to rebuilding kits!

RC poster
    Yeah, I'd like to see those mounts. Thanks Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXmerv View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see those mounts. Thanks Maxx.
    Here you go PDX. You can see from the pics it's a specialized mount. Had to slot one of the screws because it was stripped

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast