Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Already had a blast on 2S + 3S with my new center diff earlier today. Really pleased how the car performs atm.
    Sorry Korn, couldnt resist to post as i took a picture from nearly the same angle today..
    Last edited by CMD-J; 04-14-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: better res pic, typo

RC Champion
    Haha with same ESC and RX locations and we both have out battery leads out the front haha.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, but you got the bigger Velineon in there.
    Think i made it up with my bigger shox.

RC Champion
    Haha my motor wouldnt fit if i had the bigger shocks! Which shocks are those? They look almost like Shimmies?

RC Qualifier
    Yep, they are the same Yeah Racing DP-1001TI mounted with the NewEraRacing Shock Leveling Brace on top the shock towers.

RC Champion
    Whats the shock leveling brace for?

RC Qualifier
    Nice build. I'm so tempted to get the 3500.
    Define Spam...

RC Champion
    The velineon 3500 is well worth the $60 i paid for it on ebay. I like it more than the CC 1406 4600kv motor that came with my SV2.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    Whats the shock leveling brace for?
    Well to mount them.

These shocks are too big to be mounted under the stock shock towers. You could mount them with the included posts screwed directly to the stock shock mounting holes without the shock towers.
    But i thought that without the shock towers (supporting the screws) this would stress the mounting holes in the chassis too much on impacts.
    Plus without the brace the shock bodies rub at each other at full compression, at least in the back. So i used the braces.
    Which have poor build quality btw, very soft alu and the included screws are too short. Nextime i would use some alu and would cut some brace-like supports my self, i guess.
    Hope that helps.

RC Qualifier
    looking good guys
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Champion
    Im really confused rite now with my merv! I got a new radio and now i have no brakes on my merv. If i try to brake my merv just goes all out in reverse lol. Im surprised the diff didnt strip instantly lol.

RC Qualifier
    is this not a program issue ????? on the new radio
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Qualifier
    @Korn: First calibrate your new radio. I'll send you a pm in a couple of minutes about that.

Then recalibrate your ESC to your new radio, consult the manual for your SV how to do that.

RC Champion
    Thanks CMD-j! Worked great! Now im loving this new radio!

RC Racer
    Wow CMD-J, your merv looks awesome!

I put some toe link turnbuckles on today, pieced it together with these parts from the "hardware" wall at lhs.

The ends needed some "shaving" for them to fit properly and allow the full turn radius. Oh and had to use bigger than stock screws.

I would have much preferred the turnbuckles that have a pin hole for the adjustment, these are a pain to adjust.

But for $12, I'm happy. I'd be very surprised if I ever have to replace them.
    Last edited by nitsuj; 04-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    ripped it up yesterday and a tire came off the beadlock turned out my center diff was empty and put all power to front. then i tuned it up and installed rpm arms then took off wing and put stock body on then ripped it up again
    Powered by Castle

RC Qualifier
    Powered by Castle

RC Champion
    Yesterday i got a 33t pinion to try out. My BB merv with 33/50 gearing on 2s is nuts! But tomorrow my 3S lipos come in. Things should get interesting now. And parts getting broken in the next few days is a given! lol..... Specially since my 45T spur will be here tomorrow also!
    Last edited by korn0307; 04-17-2012 at 10:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Wow thats some crazy gearing, what motor/esc you running?
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Champion
    SV2 and velineon 3500. I dont think the ESC is going to like it but i think the velineon 3500 will take it well! Ill only run that setup for a couple speed runs then just let it cool down. I just wanna go all out and see how fast my merv will go.

RC Champion
    I got 2 awesome packages today!

Here is the size comparison between the ***** 3s and the SPC 2500mah 2s. I believe the ***** lipo is the largest battery thatll fit in our battery trays. It fits SNUG!!

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Get some video when you go run it!!

RC Champion
    I dont have a video camera lol. Just a digital camera that doesnt take great video. I wish i had a way to clock its speed tho. I think my cell phone it too big to fit under my shell.

EDIT: i cannot run these batteries till tomorrow. Im waiting on TRX connectors.
    Last edited by korn0307; 04-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha, you cant take videos with your phone?

RC Champion
    I could but i couldn't imagine it being too clear. My phone says it records in 1080 but i don't know how much i believe that lol.

RC Qualifier
    Installed my Mamba Max Pro ESC. Had to cut a hole in the side body to vent the fan, but it works well.

:-)
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Champion
    Check out the jconcepts illusion body. Its wider so you might not have to cut a hole.in it for your mmp to fit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD-J View Post
    Well to mount them.

These shocks are too big to be mounted under the stock shock towers. You could mount them with the included posts screwed directly to the stock shock mounting holes without the shock towers.
    But i thought that without the shock towers (supporting the screws) this would stress the mounting holes in the chassis too much on impacts.
    Plus without the brace the shock bodies rub at each other at full compression, at least in the back. So i used the braces.
    Which have poor build quality btw, very soft alu and the included screws are too short. Nextime i would use some alu and would cut some brace-like supports my self, i guess.
    Hope that helps.
    I just got a 4' 90 degree alu molding/fitting for door still or steps that has a 1mm side and a 2mm side. It's about $10 and should hold for more than 20 braces (if you ever need that many).

Should be fairly easy to form and drill holes.

Just my 2 cents if anybody wants to build a customized leveling brace for shocks.

RC Competitor
    i just got back from the LHS and picked up rpm blue front and rear a arms. First upgrade for my MERV.
    Jato 2.5 w/ 3.3
    T-maxx 4907
    1/16 E-Revo VXL

RC Champion
    I just built my frankenshocks and soldered TRX connectors to my new ***** 3s lipos. The 2nd one is almost all charged up.

RC Racer
    I was happy with the front turnbuckles I got so I bought some for the rear, same stuff, just the ball links are somewhat smaller (not "Heavy Duty" version). I had to shave down the spacer that came with the ball links.

Kinda pricey in comparison to the cooler looking Traxxas toe-links. Well, the same price about 13.00 for each set; front & rear. But these Dubro ones are much tougher looking and am sure they won't break.

Oh and got some shock & Differential silicone. Big improvement for the shocks, especially after getting tan springs up front & black in the rear. The rear end would bounce pretty high sometimes, looked funny & was hard to control.

I wanna get thicker diff silicone though, I got 50k and I think the rear could be a bit "tighter".

Is 125k too much?

Stuff (got 80wt shock fluid today, 50wt was perfect for the front, but too little for the rear, 70wt is probably best with black springs)

Before

After

Last edited by nitsuj; 04-19-2012 at 05:56 PM.

RC Champion
    I just got my lipos charged and ready to go for tomorrow. Just need to trim my battery doors now! I plugged the lipos in tho and blipped the throttle. The wheels ballooned like nuts! They looked like pizza cutters! Should be exciting tomorrow! I just hope too many parts dont get broken. lol

RC Qualifier
    Then don't hit anything. :-)
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    Finished painting some new bodies recently.

RC Qualifier
    Cobra, that is one SAAAWEET looking merv man! Are those foams done by 'gone bananas'?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, they are. I'm going to have to get some new ones within a few months, mine are down to less than 3" diameter.

RC Qualifier
    They worked pretty good? Last for a decent amount of time?

I been thinking of getting set of HPI rims and getting foams too.

RC Qualifier
    I've had them for about 2 months, and I love them. Since they're smaller in diameter, they don't wheelie as much. I'm pretty rough on them, but I never use them in dirty/gravel conditions.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, thanks man, sounds good!

RC Qualifier
    charging a second battery right now to run parallel (as I always do); going to beat on the little guy at the track tomorrow on lunch break and put my new steel center drive shafts to the test, along with my buddy at work and his basically stock MERV

currently, MERV with a Summit body on it, since I can tare this body to pieces and really not care, lol. plus there's a little more breathing room under this lid so my big block has a little more air flow

Quote Originally Posted by korn0307 View Post
    those Zippies feel like a decent quality? those look like they're be about perfect for my current project under construction

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    fix, run, break, repeat

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast