RC poster

battery left or right....

Normally i would place the battery in the left box as done in the merv, but my ken block slips in right turns way more (i guess because of the torque) so I tried to put the lipo in the right box and that seems to balance the car better. I drive the harder springs as discussed in a topic somewhere here. Does somebody have good ideas to equal the drifts in both directions?

RC Competitor
    Your car may be out of corner balance, (aka "tweaked") where two diagonally opposed tires are supporting more of the weight of the car than the other two diagonally opposed tires. (think of a chair with one short leg teetering back and forth) The stiffer your suspension is, the more crucial this corner balancing becomes. Moving the battery would make an impact, but wouldn't fix the problem.

Check your spring collars and make sure they are equal left-to-right. They can be in different positions front-to-rear, but not across the axle. If it looks balanced, try cranking one shock collar up or down a little, test drive, try going the opposite direction with that same collar, test drive...see if that makes a difference.

RC Qualifier
    When i used Nimh batts i would run 2 so it was balanced. I know that the book says that you should put it on the left for balance but i had the same problem as you with only 1 batt. Now that i run lipos i put some lead weights in the right side battery tray and i run the lipo on the left. I know it shouldnt make sense but i find my car is very well balanced with this set up, it doenst hadle as well w/o the weights on the right to balace it
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As killboydotcom noted, if the car spins our more one way than the other, it is tweaked. The suspension preload settings are not set correctly to apply even download forces to each wheel. This car will handle best with one battery pack in the left side and the suspension preloads properly adjusted.

RC poster
    ok, thx for the infos, so i'll put my lipo back to the left box and try to adjust the springs.