RC Racer

New TQI remote and reciever on way! Got one easy question

Pretty pumped. Got a good deal from board member (Sir slash4x4) on a new tqi remote and transmitter for my slash 4x4 platinum thats on its way. Cant wait to see how it compares to the traxxas link I have on my Stampede 4x4. Im sure its an improvement though. Will be a good pair forthis bad boy! Will I be able to use the tqi with my stampede also? The pede has the traxxas link reciever and remote. Will I be able to use the new tqi controller with mthe pede and slash?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260971439593...84.m1497.l2649
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Racer
    I belive so, you will just have to mesh them together. I just bought a Ultimate last week and it has the TQI, but I still have to purchase the telemetry sensors and required covers to make it all work. Bad thing is that Traxxas hasnt started selling the sensors yet so I will be patiently waiting.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRangerFan View Post
    I belive so, you will just have to mesh them together. I just bought a Ultimate last week and it has the TQI, but I still have to purchase the telemetry sensors and required covers to make it all work. Bad thing is that Traxxas hasnt started selling the sensors yet so I will be patiently waiting.
    Telemetry sensors and covers??? Did I get on over my hear here? I want something easy. I thought they were just plug and play
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Competitor
    I would imagine there would have to be sensors on the car... I just purchased a Spektrum DX3-S and it came with sensors that I have to install on the truck. The 2 I will be using are for motor temp which attaches to the motor and RPM sensor which mounts near the spur gear to track it's rotations. I have yet to figure out how to attach that...
    My money pits:
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Losi XXX-T MF2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbills rc View Post
    Telemetry sensors and covers??? Did I get on over my hear here? I want something easy. I thought they were just plug and play
    If you want telemetry yes. But if you want a standard receiver no. You won't get your speed or anything fancy like that with your I device without those sensors

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    If you want telemetry yes. But if you want a standard receiver no. You won't get your speed or anything fancy like that with your I device without those sensors
    Ya but I have to have an iphone for the app to work anyways which I dont have
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Qualifier
    Well then in all honesty you bought what you already had but with no antenna lol

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbills rc View Post
    Ya but I have to have an iphone for the app to work anyways which I dont have
    You can buy an iPod. 2nd Gen and up I believe. I have a TQi on order from Tower, patiently waiting. I just got my spare receiver a couple days ago. Hmmmm....just nothing to use it on. LOL The TQi Tx works with the 2.4ghz receivers if you have them to. You just won't get all the goodies that can be had with the new Rx. I'm kinda bummed you have to purchase the extra sensors. Ah well, I'll purchase them and use them on one of my trucks, highly doubt on them all right at first anyways.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    you all will love the tqi its great purchase a cheap ipod touch off craigslist for cheap the features like seeing how fast your going, RPM, and the moter temperature, and battery voltage in real time is great as well as being able to record your runs each time and watching them back on your ipod

RC Racer
    Im wondering how long it will be before they come out. I guess since I have nothing else to do, I will just give Traxxas a call real quick and get back with yall.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ddaniels View Post
    you all will love the tqi its great purchase a cheap ipod touch off craigslist for cheap the features like seeing how fast your going, RPM, and the moter temperature, and battery voltage in real time is great as well as being able to record your runs each time and watching them back on your ipod
    Thats a great idea
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    Well then in all honesty you bought what you already had but with no antenna lol
    oh well, I needed a remote anyways. Got it for 10 bucks more than the regular link 2.4
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....