RC Qualifier

gearing and 6s questions

okie dokie. i got a couple of 3s batteries, and some EFlight plugs for all my batts and my ESC.

now that all the smokey work is done (well not THAT smokey, since theyre EASY to soldier)

i plugged it all in and made sure all was good. and to my luck i heard 6 beeps before it 'armed' and i smiled, widely.

i bought Venom 35C 5000mah batteries. and im currently on 18/54, i plan on bashing this truck still, and just want to keep up to the nitros when i give er full throttle. so far i havent even run the truck yet, other than in the basement to make sure it all rolled around and steered properly -ya im weird like that sometimes.

what sort of gearing are you guys using to bash around and race the parking lots? im hoping to stay cool and already in just the basement with like 50% throttle i can tell theres a TON more power than on the NiMh batteries... im guessing heat is going to be an issue... especially since i plan on plastidip treating the ESC as well. should i get some 2 cell ones for bashing and use the 3 cells for racing? or not race after plastidip?
    sorry for lots of questions

should I get some 2 cell ones for bashing and use the 3 cells for speed runs

yes
    try 21/54 for both.... will be a good start.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    6s was OFF THE HOOK! haha i just took it to the High School nearby and WOW! SOOOO much power! WAY more than i need to bash! haha

RC Champion
    ^ Now you see!!! 6s is deffinately amazing in the erevo. It's a lot to handle when bashing.
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    Never tried 6S but after reading a bunch about it I think it's overkill for bashing...