RC Champion

track tire choice for my 2wd slash

looking for a little more bite than these kumho tires are providing at the track. when i was brushed i was spinning and sliding out to much. i just put a vxl setup on it so im just gonna assume it will be worse.

RC Qualifier
    Pro line calibers pretty good all around track tire.

RC Champion
    ok. now soft or super soft? thx for the advice. im a bit of a newb here.

RC Qualifier
    I'm kinda cheap so I go for the soft, also ask the other people or track owners what works best on their track, people will usually help you out.

RC Champion
    hey thx. ya i asked a few people and they said basically the smaller the nobs on the tires the better for packed dirt tracks.

RC Qualifier
    If its hard and tacky maybe go with aka wishbones

RC Champion
    kool. thx for the input. ya the only 2 tracks i go to cause they are close arent dusty and arent very loose. ill go to a few hobby shops and see if they got any of these tires you suggested or anything closest to them.

RC Champion
    redlightrandy...I think you may also like the Proline Caliber M4 which are super soft.....the knobs are a little to small for my track (loose dirt over hard pack), but work well if there is very little loose dirt. I use the Gladiators for our track, M2 up front-medium coumpound and M3 soft coumpound on the rears.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    kool. thx for the input. so im leaning towards the pl caliber for most track conditions. probably soft(m3) compound.

RC Champion
    I really like mine (PL Gladiators M3) on our track and if you do chose the Caliber M4s, they will be great on hard pack or street, great side and forward bite. The only thing I don't like about the tires with the small knobs is that they do not look like real truck tires, but.....they sure do work
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    hey thx. ya i asked a few people and they said basically the smaller the nobs on the tires the better for packed dirt tracks.
    That's generally true. The only problem for me is those tire wear really quickly and if you haven't got a huge tire budget, there are some options like AKA Enduros that are much harder wearing but only cost you a fraction of grip on hard packed (and are in fact grippier if there's a bit of dust). I use these at the rear and P/L Calibers at the front on a hard packed clay track and they work really well and are very hard wearing.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Champion
    i actually picked up a pair of proline soft bowfighters for the rear. it was recommended to me by a few customers and the clerk while i was at the hobby bench today.
    Last edited by redlightrandy; 03-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo

Let us know how they work out. We begin racing in April and I'm trying to get my truck ready to roll by then.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    ill let you know for sure. i was told to keep them off the street as they will wear out fast just like most race tires but was also told that they should last a little longer than the ones with smaller nobs and that they are good for just about any track condtion wether it may be a little loose or packed clay and stuff