RC Competitor

slash body pics!!

anyone ever cut off there fenders on there body, i run my body on another sc truck and the wheels hit on the wheel wells, i cut them out as far as i can before it looks stupid... look at the pics, the tape line is where i wanna cut, the tape isnt even on each side but you get the point, i quickly put the tape on there to show what im talking about, i just dont want it to look stupid and wreck a good body,

http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii627/rcracer1/

RC Qualifier
    I would wait and trim the body after you have signs of wear. Nice work on the paint
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Competitor
    thanks... first body i ever painted.. but the wheels will take the paint off of the wheel well anyways because they rub when i go off a jump

RC Enthusiast
    I would try tape on the inside of the body. That's what I did anywhere there might be contact with the body I put a piece of tape to help prevent paint loss

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashs slash View Post
    thanks... first body i ever painted.. but the wheels will take the paint off of the wheel well anyways because they rub when i go off a jump
    Slashs go to your local auto parts store grab a can of truck spray bedliner ($10) scuff up
    and tape off the areas that you want to protect in this case the wheel wells also anywhere
    else you want to keep from chipping the paint. This also helps to reenforce the body to
    make it more durable when you wreck. when i did my body i put 3 to 4 light coats in
    the areas that i know are going to take a beating. 2 coats on the rest of the body its very
    hard to notice the weight im guessing 5 to 10 grams thats the wieght of one nickel (5g)
    JAY Janak is right i would wait on cutting the body. see how it works out for you...
    Sweet paint job tho Good Luck Yo.......
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Qualifier
    I spray the inside of the body with bed liner Walmart 7.00 dollars a can This will not stop it all but help it last longer.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    Painting your own bodies this the best. However they do get beat. But that will give a reason to paint more and more bodies. My project i am working on now is a 1979 ford F150 body with a scale Tonneau cover.
    Last edited by jay janak; 03-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Competitor
    i know its going to get wrecked... i think i might stop at the local hardware store and pick up some bedliner or plastic dip in the spray can, i used that a while back and it did work a little and kept the body stronger..

RC Qualifier
    great paint job man. great ideas on this thread too . i wish i would of thought of plastidip or bedliner when i painted mine
    [IMG][/IMG]
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    All this thing needs is a Fire truck to but that thing out lol. Great looking body
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you cut it the way your thinking the body will be VERY flimsy and weak. The sides of the body have alot to do with the strength of it. Cutting the sides off will allow the body to flex like crazy. Not a good idea IMO. If your looking for a similarly sized body that is already shaped the way your thinking yours needs to be you could look at the Bajr Body... its would probably fit fine.

RC Competitor
    i actually have a helion dominus the wheel wells are different on the bodies, i bought a slash body because the rest of the bodies were like 50bucks and i needed one badly. so i bought the clear one and thought it would be the same because most of the sc parts are compatable. do you think the baja body will fit good?

RC Racer
    I use drywall tape and i tape the spot i want to make stroger or to stop a small crack then i put shoe goo over it and it works great.... I seen a youtube video of this.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTe-m...eature=related

RC Competitor
    any one wanna trade there bajr body for my slash body lol...

RC Racer
    This is bed liner on mine with the fenders cut about 1/2 higher than normal[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Since i put the large spacers on from the RPM mounts the tire rub has almost gone away. We also use gorilla duct tape in problem areas. Gorilla tape is VERY strong stuff almost a must have in you rc tool box. IMO

RC Qualifier
    Wow we install the bed-liner on the inner panels after paint.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Competitor
    lol right.... o well... btw jay janak how did you make that bed liner for your scale crawler, it looks so real.
    did you put 3 metal bars across it? what material did you use, i should make one of them for my crawler lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashs slash View Post
    lol right.... o well... btw jay janak how did you make that bed liner for your scale crawler, it looks so real.
    did you put 3 metal bars across it? what material did you use, i should make one of them for my crawler lol
    I got a kit 12.99 + shipping lol
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Competitor
    o can you link it?

RC Champion
    when i was running a on road body i fitted spacers on the shock shafts to stop the wheels hitting the body.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    Try raising your body or stiffening your suspension.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.