Hello guys I am the owner of one slash 4x4, I running with 13/52 (no 54) gear, 7 cells 5000mah nimh battery and center differential. I live in an always cold place with like 50F.
A couple of days back I was bashing and when the battery just started to shows that was going to empty, the esc just suddenly off, no led no nothing, I checked the temperature of the esc and was really high so I thought “crap” I blow it up, I waited a couple of minutes to let the motor and esc got cooler, then I put a charged battery and the vxl-3s started to smoke and totally blows up.
I bought my slash last december so my 30 days guarantee expired, a couple of days after the esc problem, I received my new slash 4x4 ultimate with the TQI, so I just removed the esc from the new one and installed on my older slash (I know probably a bad idea) because on the !old! Slash, I spent a lot of time with suspensions, sway bar tuning, rpms parts etc. I checked the motor of the old one first, I disassembled it , toke a look of the rotor ,the bearings the internals coin , tried to found some signals of short circuit and the motor seems fine to me.
I connected , tried easily off ground, no high temperature no strange sounds, so I go out for another bashing session using my other battery and after 20 minutes of really good bashing ...weird... ,again the same thing, the esc just totally off, I waited put another battery and again it blows up, lot of smoke…..
So I stared to got mad, what the heck is blowing the escs, the batteries are fine, the motor is fine, is just one of those murphy things and I got two defective escs?.
I can buy a new vxl/3s for around 90 US and I can send the other one for warranty, but I was just thinking buying two castle sidewinder sct each 120 us, my nimh batteries are mostly new and I want to wait a little bit before going to 2s lipo.
Wife authorized like 250 US , So fellows what do you suggest me to do.
i would suggest the mmp 2400 $199.99 USD its an awesome system but 3s-4s lipo
There could be a problem with your motor. That is too weird.
Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!
Mamba max pro sct 2400
Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE
hahahahaha everyone says the castle 2400!
SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv
Hummm so here some points:
• I have my two slashs begging me for a fix.
• The ultimate never had the change for a first ride.
• The warranty thing about one of the escs is going to take a while
• I could use the lifetime warranty for the other escs but it would cost me 50 usd + shippings .
• I have one never used velineon 3500 and the other one, shamed, probably but not proved guilty of my misery.
• Over budget means the use of dark or underground untraceable pay methods, and at the end she will know .
• I think 2400kv is just too mush torque, it will definitely need 3s lipo, rearrange the receiver to the front, I will need to go back to slipper clutch and probably is going to break something else
• Any lipo options means probably 180 usd , two lipos + charger and I want to be !!green!! and use my 5000mah nimh batteries until their lifetime.
So what about :
• Mamba max race pro /3800kv – 200 usd + sidewinder sct/sv2 esc 60usd + ( 4mm bullets, traxxas hc male, 5m pinions pack) 25 usd + shipping = something like 300 usd