RC Qualifier

My XO-1 Hit 97.7 MPH (GPS Confirmed)

I didn't post all of the proof I wanted to, mainly because I didn't hit 100 mph so it's a waste of time LOL, but the first run in the video is the best run I had of the day which I am guessing was the 97.7 MPH pass. I tried to back that MPH up but I wrecked. Both passes are posted for your enjoyment. Now I will chill for awhile until I can either fix the GPS or buy a new one and sand down all of the road rash on my car from today.

Last edited by bringit; 03-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    nice job i have yet to install the high speed gearing into mine that spot you were at was perfect

RC Enthusiast
    first run was nice!...second one looks like you hit a rock to close to the curb. Besides the road rash and flickering GPS, did anything break on the car??

RC Qualifier
    Nothing broke, the worst thing was the body cracked about an inch and I have rash all over the car. This wasn't just from today. I have had about five roll overs so far.

Last edited by bringit; 03-04-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    BTW: For anyone saying this car can't hit 100 in less than X feet. Here are my findings. If you look at my video, you can see the measuring wheel behind the car in the video. I measured intervals from the car of 300, 600,and 900 ft from the car and then from the back of the car to the street/turn around in front of the car was 200 ft. You CAN hit 97.7 mph and stop the car in less than 900 ft. I started at the 600ft mark for most of my runs and stopped the car less than 200 ft in front of the car. I won't say they were graceful stops, but it is possible.

SAFELY: You want 1000 feet like Traxxas recommends, especially the first time you try to hit 100. I also recommend that you have a street as wide as the one I was on. The only reason I stayed on one side of the street was because of potholes and manhole covers in the center and the other side.
    XO-1 #4...