Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    -when you have the lhs and Traxxas support listed as your emergency contacts on your phone
    LOL ^^^^^^ AWESOME!!!

How bout:

- The hole in the ozone layer is directly related to how many r/c bodies you've painted.

- YouTube is actually paying you for your r/c videos.

- The cops pulled your r/c vehicle, just to tell you how cool it was. (had this happen with the Po-Po-Pede Hummer!)

- You will dry off with a dirty towel after a shower, but grab a clean one for the r/c.

- You have installed paint stripping/sanding wheels on the rear of your r/c to prep the deck before stain. (dont laugh, it works!)

- You filled out an organ donor card for your r/c before you parted it out.

- You have been caught talking to your r/c....and just kept talking.

- Your wife cant figure out why everything she boils in the big pot turns colors.

- You have ten different email addresses to get free accounts at picture hosting sites once you reach the storage limit.

- TowerHobbies calls to make sure you're okay if you havent placed an order that week.

- You hang r/c parts on the X-mas tree.

- Your kid's friends knock on the door and ask if you can come out and play.

- You can rattle off symptoms of r/c addiction off the top of your head.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Racer
    -when you have run your car by the speed limit signs that have the radars attached to them to get your speed because you don't have a radar gun of your own. (I have done this more than once..)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post

- Your kid's friends knock on the door and ask if you can come out and play.
    Twice a day now. My son runs to the door and the kid answers, "Can your dad play?"

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Just thought of a few more:

- Your r/c vehicles all have medic alert bracelets stating their max voltage input.

- Your childs thermometer and your r/c temp gun are one in the same.

- You're trying to figure out a way to incorporate r/c's into your job, so you can claim r/c related purchases as a business expense.

- You receive hate mail from the UPS guy.

- None of your cordless drills have motors in them.

- You've asked youre insurance broker about collision coverage for your r/c.

- Your kid asked you to fix his broken walmart r/c, and you threw it in the trash when he wasnt looking.

- Your kid's powerwheels vehicles have Titan motors and lipos installed.

- The only way you would buy a toy grade r/c, is if the body would fit on youre hobby grade r/c.

- Youre uploading r/c video onto youtube as you're reading or contributing to this thread. (yes i am!)
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    I live in a very rural area in Illinois. Always wanted a hobby grade rc when I was a kid and never asked my parents because I knew they couldn't afford it. Look what your money got you then vs now! I'm talking almost 30 years ago too. Nobody near me has these. I have to take them with me when I go out of town and I constantly see potential bash spots everywhere I go. I thought maybe I was getting a little nutty; just got into this by accident about a year ago. Glad to be involved in this forum and really glad I'm not alone in my compulsion lol.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    -You keep a "trophy drawer" of the most awesome broken parts
    -You have purchased trimmed, taped, painted and mounted a body you didn't ever intend and will never use
    -People you sold trucks to in the past are not routinely showing up at your door to buy parts... and you ALWAYS have what they need.
    -Your kid is 1 year old and you already have a body for their truck ready to go as soon as they are... O.K.... you actually have the whole truck.
    -You bought and paid for a new truck before it was even officially released.
    -You bought every upgrade known to fit a newly released model before the model was released, including a full set of upgraded electronics.
    -You routinely have to go though a "selling phase" to clear out all the accumulated vehicles and parts if you have any hope of staying married.
    -Despite the spousal imposed 5 truck limit... you ALWAYS have at least 2 but often as many as 5 more that you "just bought to re-sell and make a buck"
    -Officially you fund the addiction by "buying and selling stuff" but the truth is... you spend at least twice what you sell every month.
    -You have more than one set of mounted and glued tires youve never run for more than one truck.
    -You have been "the one" to take the chance buying a new and unproven upgrade... just to see if it works.

This one is true:
    -You went on a holiday with your wife on which she insisted NO RC's come along and half way through you found an LHS and bought a brand new one.

This list can go on for years.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 02-26-2012 at 11:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Yes I have to agree with theseVVVVV

Your clothes have nitro fuel stains on them.
    When you keep all your reciepts, but refuse to count up the totals, and acknowledge how much you have spent/spend
    When you have RC manufacters labeled clothes
    You keep a "trophy drawer" of the most awesome broken parts
    You have been "the one" to take the chance buying a new and unproven upgrade... just to see if it works.

When u keep all ur parts tags.......... and all the plastic it came in

yep!

And if something thats not working, you have to see if you can salvage screws or parts you might be able to use later.
    Broken parts=New better parts

Nunster,Thats awesome Me too . Nice set-up, ours looks alot alike!

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    If I place a order through a main, tower or what not and it doesn't include at least one package of screws or nuts something is wrong. Hay thats another one.

you have enough screws and nuts to put more than one complete rc together.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I've bought 3 new traxxas trucks in the last 2 years. I have built 6 or 7 trucks up after buying the chassis and some odds and ends.
    You know your an addict when you've bashed so many parts, you've built 3 or 4 trucks from scratch without ever buying a screw
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast