RC poster

PLEASE HELP-TQi link dashboard wont read out info!

thanks help please!

RC poster
    there is no reading on the guages! help

RC Qualifier
    did you get it with a new slash cause i dont think it comes with any of the telemetry sensors

RC Qualifier
    none of the sensors come with the new slash they come seperate.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC poster
    oh that reallllllly sucks! thanks very much for the help !
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-18-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    Lame. another "upgrade"
    From parts UNKNOWN

Quote Originally Posted by grn_bstrd View Post
    Lame. another "upgrade"
    How much did you want for free?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Let me first state that I like what Traxxas does that's why I buy it. Also, no offense but I don't recall getting anything for "free".

Second. I don't want this new setup anyways. I would never downgrade form my android to buy an iwhatever so I could upgrade to the new system(I don't buy apple). To each his own. If you want the telemetry and everything that's cool but it would have been even cooler if someone that bought a truck that had the capability built into the tx was able to use it without further upgrades.

Just my thoughts. I also understand they have to make a buck and that a portion of that buck goes towards innovations that we all look forward to. Perhaps my comment was to harsh but I can understand the let down some have seemed to have felt.
    From parts UNKNOWN

RC Qualifier
    Did you buy the 4x4 Ultimate?

RC Racer
    No, just commenting.
    From parts UNKNOWN

Quote Originally Posted by grn_bstrd View Post
    Let me first state that I like what Traxxas does that's why I buy it. Also, no offense but I don't recall getting anything for "free".

Second. I don't want this new setup anyways. I would never downgrade form my android to buy an iwhatever so I could upgrade to the new system(I don't buy apple). To each his own. If you want the telemetry and everything that's cool but it would have been even cooler if someone that bought a truck that had the capability built into the tx was able to use it without further upgrades.

Just my thoughts. I also understand they have to make a buck and that a portion of that buck goes towards innovations that we all look forward to. Perhaps my comment was to harsh but I can understand the let down some have seemed to have felt.

I dont know why u wouldnt buy an Idevice. As a technology enthusiast, I appreciate BOTH the products. I prefer Apple Idevices myself, But I prefer PC for comps. But I also, Prefer Ford, but dont hate on Chevy. I dont get how people like one, so they automatically hate on the other... Doesnt make sense to me, if a person truely understands technology.

Also, if u DO want to use the service. u dont have to switch ur current provider. U can just get a Used Ipod touch for cheap, than ul probably see how much u really like it as a MP3 player. Cuz no matter what the debate is on smart phones, there is NOTHING than can touch an Idevice when it comes with personal music player.

As for the technology, Its GOING to come from Traxxas, and for sure you will hear about when it does. They WILL release some 1/10 Castle systems that have the Link. I also really prefer paying 60 bucks for a used Ipod touch, than 300 extra for a remote, than doesnt have the processing power an Idevice does, is not internet connected, and low grade of screen, Not to mention being able to unhook it and do the millions of things it can do.

Traxxas is NOT the first, or only to use Only Idevices for RCs. There are tons of Helis, and Drones, that use Apply only for controling their systems. Just like Graphic designers all use Apple. The reason is there isnt 4 dozen different companies, making 400 different plugs, with 5 different OS. There is ONE family of devices, and one type of plug, in every different location on the device, making it that much more difficult to mount....Just one..

Also, Android comes in every different size and shape. How is Traxxas suppost to produce a remote, that will properly seat every single one of them properly, so they dont fall off the remote on the concrete, and people are complaining at Traxxas, that their remote broke their Android.

They only have to make ONE size to use millions and millions of devices. Really dont get what the huge issue is. No one needs to switch their phone provider. Just grab a used one for 60 bucks and ur done. Simple.

Didnt mean to come off harsh, Just my perspective. I myself appreciate a good product, no matter which side. Maybe just alittle rambelig
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 02-20-2012 at 05:35 AM.

RC poster
    Yeah I bought the ultimate and I am an android person but have an I pod touch that i will use for the link...just mad that they advertise that the transmitter supports i devices and WILL SHOW telemitry! but doesnt mention telemitry sensors are optional!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-20-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Language

RC poster
    absolutT1 you are correct in all you said but MY ISSUE is that I purchased a PREMIUM product that advertises telemitry read outs on an I devise and does not state that it is an option! very upset......

Quote Originally Posted by Slash 4x4 Ultimate with TQi literature
    Real-Time Telemetry
    When you equip the Slash 4X4 Ultimate with optional telemetry sensors, Traxxas Link collects and records real-time telemetry data as you drive. The Traxxas Link dashboard comes to life showing you speed, battery voltage, RPM, and temperature. The application automatically detects and recognizes Traxxas Link sensors for easy set up and configuration. The dashboard is fully customizable with either dial or digital readout gauges. Up to nine gauges can be displayed at once. Set threshold warnings and log maximums, minimums, or averages. Use the recording function to document your dashboard view, with sound, so that you can keep your eyes on your driving and not miss a single apex. If you forget to record, simply touch Instant Replay anytime to capture the previous minute of fun and unexpected triumphs. The recordings can be named, saved, and shared with others.
    The section to which I added emphasis is by no means ambiguous.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4eh View Post
    absolutT1 you are correct in all you said but MY ISSUE is that I purchased a PREMIUM product that advertises telemitry read outs on an I devise and does not state that it is an option! very upset......
    I understand u there, And although I understand why I doesnt and expect it too, cuz thats how the it goes. The price would even be higher. It REALLY should clearly state, with an * that Sensors are required to get full telemetry features, etc.. etc.. I feel ya

RC Qualifier
    I don't see the telemetry sensors sold anywhere.

RC Racer
    Originally Posted by Slash 4x4 Ultimate with TQi literature
    Real-Time Telemetry
    When you equip the Slash 4X4 Ultimate with optional telemetry sensors, Traxxas Link collects and records real-time telemetry data as you drive. The Traxxas Link dashboard comes to life showing you speed, battery voltage, RPM, and temperature. The application automatically detects and recognizes Traxxas Link sensors for easy set up and configuration. The dashboard is fully customizable with either dial or digital readout gauges. Up to nine gauges can be displayed at once. Set threshold warnings and log maximums, minimums, or averages. Use the recording function to document your dashboard view, with sound, so that you can keep your eyes on your driving and not miss a single apex. If you forget to record, simply touch Instant Replay anytime to capture the previous minute of fun and unexpected triumphs. The recordings can be named, saved, and shared with others.
    The section to which I added emphasis is by no means ambiguous.
    Does it say that on the box?
    From parts UNKNOWN

RC Racer
    I am interested in the be controller but don't see myself dumping my ds3x.
    That being said even when purchasing that unit I was aware that telemetry sensors would be extra. The same way an on board temp sensor would cost more. Technology is great ..... But nothing is free.
    Slash 4x4
    MMM 2650
    Rustler VXL
    Emaxx