RC Qualifier

broken traxxas lipo

a balence wire broke on the battery side. it looks like it just got moved around and broke right after the solder. if i cut it open and solder it myself i void the warrenty. if i send it in they may or may not repair/replace it for free. if they dont its a big $50

anyone else have this problem?

RC Qualifier
    I would call them up at 1-800-TRAXXAS, they generally have great service!

RC Racer
    funny, i was worried i got two new traxxas lipos myself one looked perfect the other had a longer balance wire almost like it was pulled outta the pack, charges ok but maybe i should call to let them now in case it prematurely fails

RC Qualifier
    i have called traxxas. according to traxxas they dont gererally repair electronics, they just replace them. i would have to send in the battery and they may or may not replace it for free but the wires breaking is not really part of there so call 1 year warranty but i would have to send it in

@tmaxxy if your batteries balence the wires are connected. the balence wires are kinda stiff so be careful

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah i had one wire break and i carefully opened the battery up and re soldered the wire back on and put hot glue around the
    wires to make them not move. worked fine