RC Enthusiast

FS Feeler: Slash 4x4 Platinum

Looking for some suggestions on price, need to fund another project, not interested in trades, but wanted to get an idea on what its worth, please let me know. I was told to be detailed for whats included, sorry for the long post....

For Sale Feeler: Slash 4x4 Platinum (#6804) – The truck is for the most part all the original Platinum with the exception of what’s listed below:

Traxxas 6890X Plate, motor, 6061-T6 aluminum (blue-anodized) – Installed
    Traxxas 6890 Plate, motor (Included)
    Traxxas 6860X Motor Mount Aluminum - Installed
    Traxxas 6860 Motor Mount (Included)

Traxxas 3943 Gear, 13-T pinion (32-p) (mach. steel)/ (Included)
    Traxxas 3948 Gear, 18-T pinion (32-p) (mach. Steel)/ (Included)
    Traxxas 3942 Gear, 12-T pinion (32-p) (mach. Steel)/ set screw – Installed

Traxxas 1654 Wheel hubs, hex (4)/ stub axle pins (4) (Included)
    Traxxas 1654X Wheel hubs, hex (blue-ano., lightweight alu.) (4)/ axle pins(4) - Installed

Traxxas 6832X Caster blocks (c-hubs), 6061-T6 alum., left & right (blue-ano.) – Installed
    Traxxas 6832 Caster blocks (c-hubs), left & right (Included)
    Traxxas 6837X Steering blocks, 6061-T6 alum, left & right (blue-ano.) - Installed
    Traxxas 6837 Steering blocks, left & right (Included)

Traxxas 1952X Carriers, stub axle (blue-ano. 6061-T6 alum.)(rear)(2) – Installed
    Traxxas 1952 Carriers, stub axle (rear) (2) (Included)

Traxxas 6854 Stub axles, front, heavy duty (2) (Included)
    Traxxas 6853 Stub axles, rear, heavy duty (2) (Included)
    Traxxas 6850 Half shafts, heavy duty (external splined/internal splined) (2) (Included)
    Traxxas 6828 Diff output yokes, heavy duty (2) (Included)

Traxxas 3956R Spur gear, 54-tooth (0.8 m, comp w 32-pitch) (Center Diff) - Installed
    Traxxas 3956 Spur gear, 54-tooth (0.8 m, comp w 32-pitch) (Included)
    Traxxas 3958 Spur gear, 58-tooth (0.8 m, comp w 32-pitch) (Included)
    Traxxas 3957 Spur gear, 56-tooth (0.8 m, comp w 32-pitch) (Included)

Traxxas 6814 Differential kit, center (complete) – Installed
    Traxxas Optional Slipper Clutch Assembly (complete) (Included)

Traxxas 6888 Drive hub, center, rear (1)/front (Included)
    Traxxas 6888X Drive hub, front, hardened steel – Installed
    Traxxas 6884 Center Differential Rebuild kit (2) (Included)

Traxxas 5873R Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (SCT red beadlock wheels, ultra soft S1 tires, inserts)(4) (Included) (Approx. 60-70% Tread) (Included)
    Traxxas 6870R OR 6870 Tires, Ultra soft, S1, SCT dual profile 4.3x1.7-2.2/3.0” (4) foam inserts (4) (Approx. 80-90% Tread) Not sure if I have the S1’s on or the regulars – Installed

Traxxas 5827X Hold down battery extended– Installed
    Traxxas 5827 Hold down (Included)

Traxxas Original Manual – Part List – Box

Traxxas 6858 Springs (2) (Included)
    Traxxas 6857 Springs (2) (Included)

DE Racing Wheels Trinidad SC Wheel Slash with Hub Nutz (4) – Installed
    Proline Racing Desert Rat Body – Installed
    FLM26333 HD Upgrade Axles (2) Front & (2) Rear – Installed
    Raised Fin Aluminum Heat Sink Blue – Installed

Slayden Setup
    Front Shock Oil=60k Rear Shock Oil=55k
    Front Diff Oil=10k Rear Diff Oil=5k-7k (1/2 ea.)
    Center Diff Oil=100k
    Front Springs=Slash 2WD Fronts Rear Springs=T-Max White Progressives

The drive shaft has multiple scratches along the entire drive shaft and most are cosmetic, but there are a quite a few. The underside of the chassis has multiple minor scrapes and scratches, but nothing major. The Proline body that is included is fairly new and has a few scratches on the top and a very small mis-cut (approx. 1/8” long) on the front left of the body near where the headlight sticker is. Other than that, the body is in good condition.

The stock tires and wheels are used and as stated above have approximately 60-70% tread remaining, the tires that are on the truck now are fairly new and have approximately 80-90% tread left. The front, rear and center diffs were serviced (added oil and new seals) sometime in Sept 2011 and the truck has been run about dozen times since then. The truck has been run outside approximately a dozen times. The majority of run time has been on an indoor groomed hard packed clay track. Everything that came with the Platinum Edition will be included and what is shown in the photos.

The aftermarket FLM axel stubs front and rear are installed and have a lifetime warranty. A small portion of the insides of the front steering Aluminum Caster Blocks had to be filed down about 1/16 of an inch in order to install the set screw for the FLM stubs.

The motor, ESC and servos are all included and in good running condition. The ESC has an EC5 connector installed on it currently. The electrical tape around the motor wires adjacent to the aluminum heat sink was to protect the wires from the sink fins. For information, I ran LifePo batteries in the truck, 3s1p (9.9 volts) 30C 4200mah.

NOT INCLUDED: NO Batteries, NO Transmitter, NO Receiver and NO Charger.

I will attempt to ship everything as listed above in the original box, however if the tires or other parts won’t fit, I will ship separately, but at the same time the truck ships at no additional cost. Ship to lower US 48 and Paypal only please.

Cost: ??? Is $280 shipped reasonable? Please let me know.

I wasn’t able to obtain my old username and password for the site and had to create a new one. I have feedback on EB (Tbonemalone14). Please ask questions or request additional photos as needed. Thanks!

Last edited by DadC14; 02-16-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Forgot Picture

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    280 sounds good to me.

RC Racer
    Might get a couple more bucks on Fleabay but then again you have to contend with the fees.

That is a good deal! Good luck
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S 2400 MIP King Headz RPM 3PL

RC Racer
    280 is great. people in my area wont take less that 400 for theirs, and they wonder why they have to keep reposting to craigslist.
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

It's the same way in the Bay! But you can find deals

RC Enthusiast
    I would buy today if it came with the receiver!

If it came with the rx and tx it would be an Ultimate not a Platinum. You can get them on eBay pretty cheap. My uncle got a 2.4 set for $25.00

RC Racer
    i gave $300 from the owner of my LHS. it had brand new J Concept wheels/tires, Kingpin motor Mount, MIP CVDs, FlowTech body, and in really nice condition....so $280 would be a great price