Thread: noise problem

RC Racer

noise problem

hard to enplane going close to full speed and then letting off the throttle i hear a winding noise that i have never heard before only when i let off the throttle checked everything nothing is loose or seems to be not normal any suggestions what it could be

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    check your bearings

can you be more specific?

RC Champion
    And, your gear mesh.
    Yes, girls dig me. It's the cross I must bare.

RC Racer
    pinion and spur looks fine

RC Champion
    Your spur and pinion gear can look good, and still be noisy if their mesh isn't set right. To check it, what you have to do is run your truck slowly with your motors' pivot screw loosened, and adjust (or, check your noise level) by moving the motors' pinion gear closer/further to your spur gear until you have minimum noise...of course, your trucks' wheels have to be off the ground to do this check/adjustment.

RC Qualifier
    Bearings sound like the likely culprit here. Before failing, or in the mist of failing, bearings can become loud, and louder, until failure. I just ordered a set of Boca Bearings Orange Seal #7 Bearings for the entire XO-1. I plan to install this weekend, maybe I will notice less noise, or not, but i'll let you know. I am replacing them because i got them for free. $289 value, for free? Yes please.

RC Champion
    Could be bearings, could be gear mesh, could be something else. Without having the truck in front of us all we can do is guess-timate, or wait until Zeplin tells us what he found. For me, I can say that I have never heard a bearing in my truck make a noise only when I let off the gas. Not to say it couldn't happen, because I've seen some pretty crazy things happen with my Emaxx over the years.

RC Racer
    all good found the problem the nut on the drive shaft near spur was loose

RC Champion
    Good, glad you found it.