RC Qualifier

Need help: how to mod the splitter to reduce flex.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for modding the front splitter to not allow it to flex so much up or down?

I have seen some one youtube, but no explanation is given.

Thanks in advance.

John

RC Enthusiast
    I super glued it to the foam and tightens and glued the foam the the towers so neither has any motion. Others I know have bolted the two together as well.
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Champion
    If you look at that Youtube mod video, you can see the bolt on top of the pad on the right side. So, what he did was put a bolt from the bottom plastic to the top of the foam. Good idea, I might have to do that.
    I have great respect for girls in string bikini's.

RC Qualifier
    Are you referring to the vid where the guy pushes down on one side, showing flex, and the other side where there is no flex? PS the poster says nothing in the video - is this the same video? Could you link me if not, I cannot access it through my office computer, despite the fact i own the business haha
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If you look at that Youtube mod video, you can see the bolt on top of the pad on the right side. So, what he did was put a bolt from the bottom plastic to the top of the foam. Good idea, I might have to do that.
    Last edited by SHIFTT IX MR; 08-13-2015 at 11:00 AM.

RC Champion
    I did what rc speed junkie did in his 8s thread. Page 3 post 92. I had problems with the sides. One being lower tgen the other letting it drag on pavement.

RC Champion
    That's the one, and I'm sorry but, I don't know how to do that linking stuff. I got stuff today for me to do that mod to my car. If you want, I'll take pictures and post them. Let me know.
    I have great respect for girls in string bikini's.

RC Qualifier
    Ummm Dude, like totally! LOL YES PLEASE PLEASE post up some pics. I am going to go try and find this post Er33 is referring to.

What did you buy to do this mod? That's really what i am hunting for now. Are they links from an Emaxx/Erevo/Summit or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's the one, and I'm sorry but, I don't know how to do that linking stuff. I got stuff today for me to do that mod to my car. If you want, I'll take pictures and post them. Let me know.
    Last edited by SHIFTT IX MR; 08-13-2015 at 04:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    (Mods Please delete this post)

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by SHIFTT IX MR; 08-13-2015 at 04:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Ummm Dude, like totally! LOL YES PLEASE PLEASE post up some pics. I am going to go try and find this post Er33 is referring to.

What did you buy to do this mod? That's really what i am hunting for now. Are they links from an Emaxx/Erevo/Summit or something?
    I used some spare links that I had laying around for the front camber links. And instead of drilling a hole in the splitter I used the small 3mm screw holes that holds the splitter to the front diffuser but longer screws with some lock nuts

RC Qualifier

Need help: how to mod the splitter to reduce flex.

Thank you Er33! This was helpful. Did you find any challenges with performing this mod?

Did you cut your foam bumper down to do this mod? Did you mod other parts to get this mod done?

Thanks a bunch!
    John

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Thank you Er33! This was helpful. Did you find any challenges with performing this mod?

Did you cut your foam bumper down to do this mod? Did you mod other parts to get this mod done?

Thanks a bunch!
    John
    Only thing was to cut the foam. Other then that it was drilled holes on the top piece for a 3x15mm screws and just used 3x15mm counter sunk screws for the bottom.