RC Racer

want to replace the stock slipper clutch

I am ready to replace the stock slipper clutch. What are my options? Does anyone know the name of a manufacturer that makes the slipper clutch eliminator?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by steveski4 View Post
    I am ready to replace the stock slipper clutch. What are my options? Does anyone know the name of a manufacturer that makes the slipper clutch eliminator?
    If you want to have a locked clutch (no slip) just tighten down the slipper nut all the way and you have effectively eliminated the clutch.

If you want a better clutch than stock I can recommend what I have been using for about a year. This Hot racing double up slipper clutch. It works great, is built heavier duty that the stock clutch and you can use 3 or 6 of the stock slipper pads in it. I would get the aluminum slipper pads, they last forever and are more consistent than the fiber ones.
    Last edited by candy76man; 02-06-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    +1 On the HR double up w/alum pads. You will also see lower temps at the clutch. They make larger pads now too, I believe. They are longer and have the same amount of surface area as doubling the original size pads.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Competitor
    There is also the robinson racing slipper.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    someone here use a t-maxx brake off 2.5 model as a clutch pad.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Competitor
    hey candy76man..i got the heavy duty slipper from hot racing but am having trouble fitting it as it seems to not fit together ,, help please,, lol

RC Racer
    Mrgreen
    I got the hot racing clutch and on the back of one of the pieces were some small pieces of aluminum shavings which were keeping it from fitting together correctly. Look real close around the holes where the 2 pcs are supposed to fit together.

RC Competitor
    yer i got that but do i need differant washers/bearing cos the plate with the pads on seems to hav a lot of movement, will this movement go when i put the geared bit? newbee trying here. lol thanks for ur help

RC Competitor
    i also brought the traxxas heavy duty slipper for spares cos the washers and bearings on my old slipper must of binded too much and just got messed up bad so im having to rebuild my hot racing slipper from scratch, and as u know when u buy the hot racing 1 it only comes with the 2 plates, i got all the other parts but im still having trouble? it dont seem right that the bearing washer thingy just rests agains the face of the slipper unit?? with the spring pressed against the other side of bearing washer thingy wouldnt this stop the bearings from running smooth and bind again? do you know where i comin from???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
    i also brought the traxxas heavy duty slipper for spares cos the washers and bearings on my old slipper must of binded too much and just got messed up bad so im having to rebuild my hot racing slipper from scratch, and as u know when u buy the hot racing 1 it only comes with the 2 plates, i got all the other parts but im still having trouble? it dont seem right that the bearing washer thingy just rests agains the face of the slipper unit?? with the spring pressed against the other side of bearing washer thingy wouldnt this stop the bearings from running smooth and bind again? do you know where i comin from???
    Can you post a picture? I'm not sure what washer bearing thingy your talking about Usually the spring just rests directly on the inner race of the bearing with no washer, although a washer is a good idea if, big if, it's the right size

Try going to traxxas website and look at the exploded diagram of the slipper clutch and just substitute the two hr pieces for the two traxxas pieces in the assembly.
    Last edited by candy76man; 02-24-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Mr green, The bearing will only turn when the clutch is slipping so dont worry too much about the bearing. steve

RC Competitor
    thanks guys.. took my revo out today with new hot racing slipper with 6 pads on it and runnin 6s.. done my first standing backflip .. yipee all runnin good but now i need new tires as iv started to unstick the stock.. any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Look and see what I did to mine: (page 2, post 62)

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-finished!-%29
    BL E-Revo-After 14months, its done!*
    (yeah right)