RC Qualifier

E Revo build or buy?

Would it be cheaper to build a E Revo 1/10 or buy one? I already have a 1/16 and Im wishing I saved longer and bought a 1/10.

Thanks,
    Clay

Well if you build a E-Revo you'll fell like you've acomplished a big thing in life, but if you buy one it will still be cool but you won't get that feeling. I'll say build one, but it is up to you. The cheaper way is to buy one, but I may be wrong.
    Last edited by MooseSlash; 02-05-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: An incomplete thought...
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Competitor
    i just built a erbe it cost a little more than buying one but when i was done it was fully upgraded so if you plan on buying one and then upgrading it i would say that would cost way more. i have eight traxxas rc's and only bought three brand new the rest i built that is all most as fun as driving them.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

RC Qualifier
    I will do some upgrades, just not as many as some. I guess im still trying to figure out if I want to build one. And Im probably a little bit cautious about building with no instructions.

Where do you guys buy the parts when you do a build? eBay or your LHS?

RC Competitor
    i get some parts from ebay chop shops and get the rest from a main hobbies as for instrutions all the exploded views are right on traxxas site.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

RC poster
    I want to build an e revo 1/10 but I don't know what I need? And what do u guys recommend?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cars2015 View Post
    I want to build an e revo 1/10 but I don't know what I need? And what do u guys recommend?
    You'll save so much money by just buying one off of eBay and fixing it or buying a brand new one. The parts is how traxxas makes there money. You'll spend double building one than buying one new

Buy is cheaper. Build is more fun.

RC Qualifier
    I bought mine used. Spent tons of time taking it apart, and rebuilding it with many new parts.

Also, sometimes DHZ price brushed parts (like the brushed chassis) cheaper than a EREB chassis. Why? No idea. They are identical.

I bought a roller and build it, built another one with the parts and now gave it to another person who would enjoy it as much as I have.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    I went through this same thing and actually laid out an entire price list.

In the end, it's more expensive to build one. BUT, if you build it with upgrades (a-arms, turnbuckles, whatever) you end up spending less per part if that makes sense.

It's really up to you, but if you buy one and stock part breaks you'll want to upgrade it anyway, then you just spent that money anyway.

It's not difficult to build one really. If you want a good starting point you can buy a roller (I already had a tx/rx to use so I wasn't taking that bit of the price into account considering when you buy new you get one with it) and upgrade bits from there. Such as choosing your own wheels and tires, a body, that kind of stuff. Have some fun and build it, you'll feel much more accomplished in the end with a bit of an upgraded truck that does well when you run it.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.