Thread: Slashenstein!!!

RC Qualifier

Cool Slashenstein!!!

Whats up all. Long time viewer fist time poster. haha.

Anyways, I have a 1/16 Slash, some upgrades. And i was thinking about possibly installing rear a arms from a erevo, or summit.

Has this been done before? Im assuming no becuase i cant find anywhere that someone has. First thoughts is that it would work, considering its the same chassis. I can see me also having to replace the the rods and maybe the axles.

I know my rear tires will stick way out, but thats kinda the idea. Also the added stability will make 50 less expensive, lol, seeing as parts break easier at those speeds.

What are your thoughts everyone?

Thanks Yall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it will be a 4wd buggy..... i dont know, i think i would stick to just converting it to a merv......

RC Qualifier
    Yea thats always an option. But i wouldnt mind being different. The summits a arms i understand are at a different angle as well, right? So that would technically rake the front end without having to adjust my suspenstion, in theory.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the summit has the same front arms as the merv

it's rear arms provide a longer wheelbase, but those thigns shred axles... and the summit axles are more expensive than the merv axles, which are better than the summit rear axles... and using the summit arms on the rear, you wont be able to run a hard shaft liek a cvd....

i think they are a retarded idea....

as fo the buggy thing, it might look different, but i really don't think you are going to see any improvement from it..... i would go to a full merv swap, that is, front and rear merv arms and axles.....

I have thought about this myself... I even have all the parts, owning two 1/16ths.

1) You would be better off not using the Summit rear arms.
    2) You would need to swap the rods and axles along with the arms.

Since most of these parts (at least in stock form on eBay) come in full sets... so you could go that route, try it half way through the swap process, and then decide if you want to continue.

I am all for experimentation.... take pictures along the way!!
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    agree with Jimmie.

If you wanted to do your mod, use your axle shaft(what you mount the wheel to), use summit/merv arms, half shafts and pushrod/toelinks. yes you would have to swap the end of your half shafts at the U-joint but thats a fast fix. same rockers, springs, buckles, pivots...yadda yadda.

now you have MAD wheel base. then at a later point if you wanted a merv, put the merv axles back on, change rockers and springs, bumpers and body/bodymount and you could be in our club! hehe

I want to see picutes too

Wheel base is the measurement from axle to axle.
    Track width is measurement from wheel to wheel on the same axle.

You are going to "have MAD track width"

RC Racer
    I did it to my slash and it was well worth it!! handles like a dream now!

RC Champion
    I sit corrected, I knew it wasnt wheel base when I wrote it, but i was on a roll and I didnt want to think too hard, I have more important things (MERV upgrades to create) to waste on thinking about terminology...hehe

pokin' at ya Jimmie...

RC Qualifier
    Well I ordered the parts this morning. Dont think i missed anything.

Rpm Arms all Around,
    Half Shafts all around
    and stock rods.

Only planning on doing the rear first. Bash on that a while then doing a full swap. Thanks everyone for your help. Will be posting picture of my slashenstein when all completed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I sit corrected, I knew it wasnt wheel base when I wrote it, but i was on a roll and I didnt want to think too hard, I have more important things (MERV upgrades to create) to waste on thinking about terminology...hehe

pokin' at ya Jimmie...
    I don't correct to be mean... really.
    I usually assume that the person knows what they are saying, but it just came out wrong.

I correct so when someone reads this... they don't get confused with incorrect terminology.
    So we don't get "Well, I read once that these Summit arms will make my MERV 10mm wider"
    -Which has actually happend.

RC Qualifier
    Just checked tracking this morning and my arms will be in when i get home from work. Its going to be a good day.

On same note, just replaced my front bulkhead and stearing pin last nightand stupid me didnt just leave the thing stripped down, now i gotta do the process all over again. haha.

Ill have pictures tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Well i swapped the rear out last night. Looks pretty cool. Ill be running it probably in an hour or so to put it through its paces.
    Heres what it looks like.
    Before the swap

After the swap

RC Champion
    that looks pretty cool, what kind of tires are those?

RC Qualifier
    Those are the Integy Type 2's I was telling you about in your tire thread.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileybrett View Post
    Those are the Integy Type 2's I was telling you about in your tire thread.
    oh thats right, I decided I'm going to go with the pre assembled stock merv tires when I get tired of these.

RC Qualifier
    Ill be picking up a set of Merv tires as well. Sometime ill finish my merv conversion. Right now i like the look of a slash with a wide rear end. And its actually is 10x more stable now.

Also, got me thinking of reversing the swap and placing my merv arms on the front and reswap my slash rear end. Same stability, mayber better steering?

RC Champion
    probably.. that might look a little funny though

RC Qualifier
    Yea, very funny.