Thread: glow plug wire

RC Racer

glow plug wire

i tell you small finger are needed to get the wire back on the glow plug i took some tong looking things out of my sister makeup box to get it back on i hope she don't miss them . i think i may have fouled the plug .the plug looks new not gray or melted looking .it don't want to stay running .iv burned 1/2 gallon fuel so far . i have moved the main jet 1/8 turn to the lean and the idle is set 1/4 turn lean . how do you tell if its fouled ? and time to putt new one in Tuned pipes and glow plugs - updated 1/14/05 . not sure if foul but it is rich ! oh and the 2nd question the is the shift point adjuster i made a half turn to shift sooner just so it would shift .any one got a clue as to how many turns you get before it falls out and you gits to take it apart

RC Racer
    i went and got a new glow plug fired right up . i take it there is no way of looking at it to see if it is fouled. only burnt out or melted

RC Champion
    You just found the only way known.. : try a new one and see the result

Here's a thread regarding the blue wire, hope it helps..

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=339786

RC Racer
    well i have pulled the blue wire out of the quick start block. snapped it on the glow plug. pushed the wire through a long socket then installed it . putt the wire back in block . it has a good connection now . im still thinking about moveing the shift point sooner . the stock setting was way out imho . but im still a noob <New Out Of Box> half a gallon of fule. looks out side its rainning now mother nature has no idea its saturday . i putt a 1/16 turn to sooner shift
    REVO 2.5 <3.3 11 gallon's down> 30%nitro

RC Qualifier
    Nose plyers are the tool you need to put the plug wire into the plug. Almost impossible without them.
    Revo 3.3- Golden Horizons Aluminum rear skid plate, Tekno adjustable wing mount, Proline 1/8 High Downforce wing, 45wt shock oil in white/green springs...
    and a backyard to bash it in.

RC poster
    that is a good idea