RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar

Parts that are interchangeable with Slash

I wondered about making an off-road version of an xo1 a while ago, and was put off by some comments I was given.

However, recently I've seen two very successful sct xo-1 conversions. One was on here, another a different forum.

Anyhow, one thread led me to believe that he basically bolted slash bulkheads to the xo-1 chassis. Using the xo-1 chassis, slash bulkheads and arms, and minus all the aerodynamic plastic.

So, will the slash bulkheads mate to the xo1 chassis? What about slash shock towers? Since I've seen xo1 shock towers on slashes, I'm assuming they are interchangeable.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

I've found a thread where the xo-1 bulkhead and a slash 4x4 bulkhead were both cut and combined to give the front some kick up. Looked pretty easily doable.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166085

Seen here ⬆. It's the most successful off-road xo-1 I've seen. I really like the chassis layout there.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 07-25-2015 at 11:12 AM.

RC Champion
    I think some of the screws are interchangeable.
    Yes, girls dig me. It's the cross I must bare.

As are the shock towers, a arms, shocks...

Differentials
    Thanks
    Fred

Basically, I was curious as to whether the slash bulkheads and steering would mate up. But I've gathered that the bulkheads won't bolt on to the xo-1 chassis.

With some slight dremeling, however, you can get the slash towers on there and you can modify a slash and an xo front bulkhead to create a more off-road worthy front end. You then have to bend the front tab on the chassis to match the kick up on the bulkhead, but that's no big deal.

Seen here

Quote Originally Posted by mercman64 View Post
    Ok here is pretty much what im going to be working with. I removed the a arm tabs from the xo1 bulkhead and knotched it so that i could use the portion of the slash bulkhead with the a arm tabs. its king of hard to explain but here r some pics to help show what i did. It moved the a arm tabs to the lower portion of the bulkhead and gave me kickup on the arms instead of the antidive angle the xo1 had. the diff itself stays in the exact same position on the bulkhead as stock xo1 so i shouldnt have any problems with the rest of the chassis parts mating as they should

here is what i used from the slash 4x4 bulk head

here is whats left of the stock xo1 bulkhead

and here the two pieces are mated.

now to epoxy the guys together to strangthen it all up (although im fairly certain it would be strong enough with just the screws that moung the diff to it sandwiching it together
    I once cut down a merv chassis and modified the skid plate on a losi mrc and epoxied the gearbox mounting tabs from the merv onto the skid plate. Making me able to use a merv tyranny on my mrc. Turned out pretty well, so I can see this working.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 07-26-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Donor vehicle on the way! I'll be parting out what I don't need.

As it turns out the slash shock towers are a direct drop in, and the bumpers work with very little modification. And of course the a arms. I combined the bulkheads like above.