RC Qualifier

Exclamation Hellllllpppp!!!!!!

I was just running my MERV VXL in the snow but my battery shorted out or something. It took about 3 minutes to charge (NiMh battery) when it normally takes 50 minutes to an hour to charge. (Vision Peak Charger at 1 amp.) Help!! I will swich to LiPo if I can, but does that take away the waterproofness?
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    I was just running my MERV VXL in the snow but my battery shorted out or something. It took about 3 minutes to charge (NiMh battery) when it normally takes 50 minutes to an hour to charge. (Vision Peak Charger at 1 amp.) Help!! I will swich to LiPo if I can, but does that take away the waterproofness?
    im no expert but ive seen many people get their li-po's just as wet as any other battery......
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    But what does it mean when the battery shorts out or something, but it is NiMh. It took 5 mins. to charge but since it is peak detecting, that is how I know, and my Revo about 4 to 5 MPH when it goes normally goes 35 to 50 MPH and I got 1 minute of runtime.

RC Champion
    I've been running my lipos in the water since day one, never had an issue.

RC Qualifier
    Hey krallopian do u recommend covering up the balance connector with a small balloon or something i know the traxxas connectors r ok but i was kinda wondering bout the balance connector??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I've been running my lipos in the water since day one, never had an issue.
    But that is not the question. I'm asking why my battery goes 5 MPH for 1 minute but usually goes 50 to 70 MPH for 25-30 minutes.

RC Qualifier
    I dont run in wet conditions anymore cuz i have an rpm an temp telemetry on my merv an had to yank the reciever box of cuz all of the wiring wouldnt fit

RC Qualifier
    I couldnt tell ya wats wrong with ive never had that happen before can u see any distortion in the pack? I know mine blow up when i first got my merv when i ran nimh due to the battery pack getting so hot

RC Champion
    If it's just the battery, then clearly there's something wrong with the battery? Call the manufacturer see what they have to say about it?

And Corey no I don't cover it up, I just tuck it inside the battery box and when I bring it in I blow the water off. Eventually it'll corrode I'm sure... but by then the battery will be as good as dead anyway. $35 isn't a big deal at all, it's a couple drinks at the bar.

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks, that helped a lot!

RC Qualifier
    Yea my batteries only costed 20 bucks for 2 2s packs not bad at all just didnt want to have to buy more if i didnt have to. Im gonna hav to waterproof my truck now an do some muddin!!! Woooohooo mud here i come!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    your battery ahs been shorted. you need a new battery. it is no longer safe to use or charge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    your battery ahs been shorted. you need a new battery. it is no longer safe to use or charge
    Yesh, good thing I have a spare!