RC poster

big block throttle set up

i seam to be having trouble figuring out how to get the throttle linkage set up right. Im thinking abought hit lowes for a piece of aluminum bar stock and fab up my own. Unless and one sees a simpler way that im over looking

Yea! Pictures! Try adjusting the horn on the servo so that the throttle side is more 90 degrees and put the rod in the outer hole. And go with the Revo high-flow filter--let that engine breathe!
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    seams the carb's slide stroke is longer than the 90* bellcrank's stroke. im gonna dig around my rc plane junk box for a servo horn and see if i can make somthing work.. pondering on going with a flex cable also.

RC Champion
    Ok bro, that arm needs to be turned over and bolted down with the two screws with the motor, then swing that carb around and readjust it, it will work, just get it setup right and you'll be famous, and what DG said about air, an HPI filter 1/8 scale is nice too, what pipe are you going to use?
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC poster
    ill probably put a jp-3 pipe on it. iv tried flipping the arm, the bellcrank wont clear the carb then. Cant swing the carb much with out the high speed needle hitting the gears

RC Competitor
    If it came with the long arm, then use that one. Here's my set up.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon_2456 View Post
    If it came with the long arm, then use that one. Here's my set up.

what BB kit is that?

RC Competitor
    Qconcepts, Its my favorite bb kit by far since it mounts the motor like a truggy. The throttle arm mount is from the traxxas kit though

RC Champion
    good pics, that's how mine are set up, but I use the OFNA linkage kit that pushes the arm outboard a little futher to get some more room, In my last post i forgot to tell you that you need to go with the slide thru style as in the pictures posted now, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought of that, the not telling you, lol that's wired eh, but you can twist the carb enough to work, just get it square with the truck like in the pics below, the ball stops and springs are the way to go, I have all my bb set up that way so it works, the Tekno arm is nice too but not a requriement. That ofna linkage kit comes with a long rod too, nice ball stud to use if you choose to, but the pass thru part is the key. You can do it, lets see videos of it running next time. The only difference from what I'm doing to yours is I run NE mounts, the linkage issues are the same.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Turn the carb counter-clockwise so you can straighten out the lever on the end of the slide. Then rig something on the linkage rod to hold it steady. You might have to get a tekno kit.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC poster
    Took some bending but i got it working right. Had to upgrade me spur gear. She has no problems pulling the front end off the ground lol But im gonna have to get a new clutch soon, that one is almost fried.