RC poster

Traxxas 3.3 Engine On An Rc Plane. Good Idea?

I have purchased a new nitro engine for my Slayer pro 4x4 and I am wondering if I could use the stock motor that I am replacing as an engine for my plane. I am concerned that something will go wrong in the air. Does anyone know If this would be a good idea or not?

I really want to do this because it would be my first nitro plane, but I have flown many before.
    I understand that I will need to purchase a throttle servo for the engine, and also servos for the plane itself.

Simple answer: No. The requirements placed on a plane engine vs a land vehicle are different hence different carb and engine designs.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    It would have to be a small plane

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thazarix View Post
    I have purchased a new nitro engine for my Slayer pro 4x4 and I am wondering if I could use the stock motor that I am replacing as an engine for my plane. I am concerned that something will go wrong in the air. Does anyone know If this would be a good idea or not?

I really want to do this because it would be my first nitro plane, but I have flown many before.
    I understand that I will need to purchase a throttle servo for the engine, and also servos for the plane itself.
    And you would want to do this why... Just get yourself a nitro engine for planes... the 3.3 engine is for trucks.