Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124

    big electric motor

    I was looking at the mamba monster but there are several different ones.I want to buy the biggest and best one they have.what should I use ?

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,191
    The 2400 would be sufficient

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    I want the biggest and best..I only want to buy it once..I dont even see a 2400 listed. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=MAMBA+SYSTEMS
    Last edited by S10; 01-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    I want the biggest and best..I only want to buy it once..I dont even see a 2400 listed. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=MAMBA+SYSTEMS
    What battery do you plan to run? 3s, 4s?

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    9,883
    You want either the 2200 or the 2650. Those are the MMM motors.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    I want the biggest and best..I only want to buy it once..I dont even see a 2400 listed. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=MAMBA+SYSTEMS
    It's the 2nd one.

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    I have 2s ..but I will buy new batteries..or what ever is needed

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    I have 2s ..but I will buy new batteries..or what ever is needed
    3s go 2650, 4s or more 2200...

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    243
    when it comes out, buy the big block they put in the xo-1

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm355 View Post
    when it comes out, buy the big block they put in the xo-1
    oh big block.I like the sound of that

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    513
    oh Big block love it
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by jay janak View Post
    oh Big block love it
    what was involved putting that motor in. was there any changes or anything specail I would need to order

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    what was involved putting that motor in. was there any changes or anything specail I would need to order
    No bolted right to the STRC motor plate. Removed the stock motor and bolted it in.
    Last edited by jay janak; 01-12-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    how do you like it.do you think its better than the mamba?

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    936
    mmm 2200 is retarded power 2400 is more than enough and trust me i have ran both and currently have both

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    how do you like it.do you think its better than the mamba?
    Its not but 40 dollars of of eBay it works for me
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by jay janak View Post
    Its not but 40 dollars of of eBay it works for me
    Good for you!!! Sensored motors are nice and smooth! You gotta love them. I put my Novak SC 5.5 and MMP back in my truck. The 2400 system has been solid for a year. Just want to try something different for a little while.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    well I guess it comming down to Novak SC 5.5 ...or mmm2200 ...or 2400...or 2650 what do you think is the best ?

  19. #19
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    Best for what ?

    They all have different limits

    What voltage do you plan to run ?

    How fast do you want to go ?

    What ESC are you planning to use ?

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    I want to go insane fast..lol

    I will buy what ever I need for batteries ..I have 2s lipo right now

    the esc I would buy with the motor

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    936
    but what do you consider insane you can go 70 on a mmp

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    303


    This is what your after, the Tekin RX8 truggy system on 4s is more power than you'll ever use and it's sensored, very smooth and driveable with a little throttle control. Gear it for whatever speed you think you want lol.

  23. #23
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    I want to go insane fast..lol

    I will buy what ever I need for batteries ..I have 2s lipo right now

    the esc I would buy with the motor

    Very simple shopping list then

    Castle Mamba Monster with the 1515 2200kv motor

    Run 6s lipo

    Gear for any speed you want, should be good for 100 mph

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  24. #24
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    st louis mo
    Posts
    199
    I want to see ya try and drive that.. I don't think you know what todays brushless stystems are??a? I run the MMM and 2250 CC system in my 1/8 E truggy. On 6s does double front flips,, it weight twice as much as a slash. I have it geared down an it does 67mph. Have you ever crashed a 1/10 PLASTIC truck that fast??? I bet you blow the axles off before you go 10 feet

    2400 with the MMP on 4s is all the slash can handle,,,you'll break plenty

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    Very simple shopping list then

    Castle Mamba Monster with the 1515 2200kv motor

    Run 6s lipo

    Gear for any speed you want, should be good for 100 mph

    Cheers
    Good luck with 100mph it has been done before. But just because you get a Big motor dose not make your RC vehicle do a 100. I still have to build the vehicle to handle all the power. gearing, batteries, tires, body All of this small talk about Big Motors so you can go fast. The 100 slash that is in the video took a lot of time and $$$$$$$$$$ to get to that point. and did it look controllable NO So if you need to go 70. 80 or 100 get a Traxxas supper car P.S A 4x4 slash is not a supper car.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    maybe insane fast was not really what I need.I want plenty of power.but dont want to over power it and blow everything up in 10 feet.but I also dont want to buy something 2 small and regret not buying something bigger.just trying to keep up with some friends with gas powered truck

  27. #27
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    If you are set on Castle then either of these will do the job well

    Mamba Max Pro / 2400kv combo - $250
    Mamba Monster / 2650kv combo - $300

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115
    The MMP is availible everywhere for $172.

  29. #29
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    If you are set on Castle then either of these will do the job well

    Mamba Max Pro / 2400kv combo - $250
    Mamba Monster / 2650kv combo - $300

    Cheers
    I am not set on castle.was just looking for good quality motor that is not going to burn up in a weekend.intill I started this thread I didnt really know how many different motors there were out there

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    i just got the mmp 2400kv had stock gearing was fast changed my pinion to 15t doing wheelies now u can gear it to insanity if u want. but u better have some sort of throttle control or you'll be on your back side alot. and robgdds is right got mine for 187 shipped

  31. #31
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    wow just checked out the Mamba Monster / 2650kv..that thing looks killer..I wonder how bad that thing would brake parts

  32. #32
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    i just got the mmp 2400kv had stock gearing was fast changed my pinion to 15t doing wheelies now u can gear it to insanity if u want. but u better have some sort of throttle control or you'll be on your back side alot. and robgdds is right got mine for 187 shipped
    what kind of car did you put that motor in ?

  33. #33
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    well I placed order for the Mamba Max Pro / 2400kv combo and its on the way

  34. #34
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    st louis mo
    Posts
    199
    [QUOTE=S10;5024788]well I placed order for the Mamba Max Pro / 2400kv combo and its on the way[/QUOTE

    X2 good choise

  35. #35
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    85
    Don't forget your field link tuning card. Wise choice with your selection. I just installed mine yesterday and it's a handful on 3s.

  36. #36
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    i just got the mmp 2400kv had stock gearing was fast changed my pinion to 15t doing wheelies now u can gear it to insanity if u want. but u better have some sort of throttle control or you'll be on your back side alot. and robgdds is right got mine for 187 shipped
    Are you running 4S? 3S geared 16/54 I can see the wheels coming off the ground a inch or 2.

  37. #37
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
    Don't forget your field link tuning card. Wise choice with your selection. I just installed mine yesterday and it's a handful on 3s.
    FIELD LINK TUNING CARD.I never heard about this. I think I need more info

  38. #38
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
    Are you running 4S? 3S geared 16/54 I can see the wheels coming off the ground a inch or 2.
    I ordered a 4s with the motor..but I already have 3s and 2s lipo

  39. #39
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by S10 View Post
    FIELD LINK TUNING CARD.I never heard about this. I think I need more info


    it allows you te change the esc features on the field, track, or anywhere, just plug the esc into the card, you can use also as a usb adapter to run the castle program on your pc.

  40. #40
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post


    it allows you te change the esc features on the field, track, or anywhere, just plug the esc into the card, you can use also as a usb adapter to run the castle program on your pc.
    is there a certan one I should buy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •