Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

thedreadedends sl2sh proline slash mt with monster mods

I love my 2wd slash but, not for racing. I race a sl4sh cause in my area, the 2wd class is huge for both stock and mod classes.. so the 4wd mod group is less than 30 on a weekly average. Not to mention, we always get dibs on the outdoor track.. k, anyway, I got a slash in a trade with a kid awhile back, its been through all kinds of looks and parts, bodies, I don't think anything is left of the traded slash lol.
    The set up im running these days is pretty cool, well to me anyway, I know most of you guys love to race and enjoy the sct as is. And I do on occasion too but seems to brake more in that form.
    Slash raptor black chassis, posts, bulkhead
    Jconcepts raptor lid (upgrade)
    CC sct 2400/MMP (upgrade)
    Stock rebuilt diff 50,000wt. (Upgrade)
    32p gears 22/50 (upgrade)
    Sl4sh hd shafts/axles (upgrade)
    Trx 2075 servo
    Sl4sh bellcrank (upgrade)
    proline protrac f/r a arms, towers (upgrade)
    trx big bore shocks 50wt front / 75wt rear (upgrade)
    Integy progressive springs (upgrade)
    Proline skids, bumper (upgrade)
    Proline chassis saver (upgrade)
    Trx red toe links for pede as front cambers (really thick tube design unlike the thin cambers they have) this part will change to a slayer pro p2 red pushrod this week.(mod)
    Rear cambers are trx red slayer pro p2 push rods. (Mod)
    proline 2.8 trenchers trimmed for 3.2 wheels (mod)
    wheels are ofna mt3 chrome splits 100% offset (mod)
    trx blue 17mm hex adaprltors
    RPM slash rear bumper (mod)
    trx wheelie red bar wheels (mod)
    Trx red f/r carriers and front c blocks (upgrade)
    Custom power switch placement (mod)
    Custom MMP esc mount plate (mod)

Well here's my truck today with a bash body. Crushed the internals of my diff today jumping this island. Notice I don't leave a landing pad..... I clear the whole thing lol sometimes to the street but I try ti land on the down side after the bush at the far end.

I'll be posting all the mods and set up pick next few days, got a few more parts to add this week as we go. so see ya later

Last edited by thedreadedend; 01-10-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Why the proline arms, towers, and chassis brace?

Proline arms extend 11mm longer than stock arms and 3mm for each side on rears. With the protrac arms I can run the same offset on f/r witch makes life convenient when ordering and you can rotate tires. Also, the arms and towers work together (protrac kit) to give an amazing suspension response. You get a super plush feel and less roll in a big way. The tuning options are awesome too, many more than stock parts offer. I've been running this protrac set up on all my 2wd trucks for over a year, all have shown the benefits very quickly after swapping the parts over. As for skids, the rear is a one piece rap around design that gets rid off the rear bumper braked. Super rugged too. I simply like the looks of the front bumper but its nice to have it all marched up. I'm not racing this set up but function does have a roll in the truck. Some is just looks but protrac is functional. A proline chassis saver is a must for any owner that gets air with this truck. I've broken 2 in a week without the saver. Imo, its a first option and upgrade.

RC Qualifier
    those slayer links looks FAT! I want those... All of them... Are they the right length for protrac all around or just the rears that you have? Any info on the mod involved to get them work properly?
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    those slayer links looks FAT! I want those... All of them... Are they the right length for protrac all around or just the rears that you have? Any info on the mod involved to get them work properly?
    No mods, no changes. I turned the ends out ╝ turn and it fits nice. This will fit front and rear for protrac cambers. The fronts will need a couple additional turns on the adjustable ends for the length you desire but ya, f/r cambers, no mods. They are listed as slayer p2 push rods part # 5918x, you may find they have a black alloy option too. I haven't checked yet. I'm working on a toe link alternative, got the parts ordered and the length is right but I want them on the truck before I say what they are lol,, they are huge traxxas alloy links too. You'll see .. here's some pix of the rears your looking at.

This link set was a discovery for me while at the lhs last night. I had a toe sand camber in my pocket so I could size some new "monster links" up for this build. They give ample clearance also

Im going to take a pic of the protrac and trx links with this one. I'll get the pic up in a minute.

Ok here are some comparison pix, first up is protrac and slayer links SxS

Now trx rear camber for slash.

K, now that same link was my rear cambers till now so same size of course. Here it is in front just to show it will fit.

And here is how the rear sits with the slayers set at 1/4 turn out using top camber hole on towers. Just a couple degrees in, that's what I like.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Proline arms extend 11mm longer than stock arms and 3mm for each side on rears. With the protrac arms I can run the same offset on f/r witch makes life convenient when ordering and you can rotate tires. Also, the arms and towers work together (protrac kit) to give an amazing suspension response. You get a super plush feel and less roll in a big way. The tuning options are awesome too, many more than stock parts offer. I've been running this protrac set up on all my 2wd trucks for over a year, all have shown the benefits very quickly after swapping the parts over. As for skids, the rear is a one piece rap around design that gets rid off the rear bumper braked. Super rugged too. I simply like the looks of the front bumper but its nice to have it all marched up. I'm not racing this set up but function does have a roll in the truck. Some is just looks but protrac is functional. A proline chassis saver is a must for any owner that gets air with this truck. I've broken 2 in a week without the saver. Imo, its a first option and upgrade.
    Well if i go with a slash, i will have to find that brace.. How have the arms held up in-comparison with RPM?

In my experience of bashing hard, I broke a front from a 55gal barrel and a rear from catching a concrete edge sticking up off the sidewalk, that one just grabbed the truck and spun it like crazy. It completely demolished the arm lol. Both cases were in mid 30░temps so, cold has a roll in durability with Proline's components. I do believe RPM can outlast them to be honest but I prefer the less flex and wider stance of protrac system.

RC Racer
    is there any advantage to running 32p gears over 48p
    I GOT A NEED FOR RC SPEED
    MMP SL2SH

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelneckrc View Post
    is there any advantage to running 32p gears over 48p
    32p is more durable. You don't need the gear cover, and they have more tolerance on mesh... The only downside is they're noisey, and now you'll have an exposed spur that will eat anything that gets in it, and win.