Thread: Servo Help!!

RC poster

Angry Servo Help!!

Hey guys I bought a Revo 3.3 off a family friend and I've already been through two servos! They were both the stock servos.(2055?) I want to upgrade to a descent servo, with a budget of about $70-100.. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for hence why I'm here! Also is it better to run two servos with the steering or one? I'm currently running the just one stock servo and it seems to be struggling a bit.
    Also my car has terrible range, after about 40-50m I lose all control and i have to walk back to about 30m
    away to be able to drive it again. Any ideas what that could be?
    All help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

RC Racer
    bashing of racing you should look for a single servo arround 250 torque or more as the newest stock truck has 250 with the two stock 125's (2075) installed
    I opted to go for a hitec hv sieries 403 at 6v havent looked back since and yes it's harder on battries but it turns no matter what
    and no broken parts since
    PS don't forget to upgrade the servo saver spring as the large servo will be nagated by the soft spring

check that the antenna on the truck has not been cut or damaged also you want to make sure the antenna is sticking out of the truck lid for bashing or anything other then racing as the truck can get far away I have went 1/8 mile with no trouble with full charge batt

Good luck
    Revo 3.3 2006
    Juggernaut 2
    Dumas Quicky 40

RC poster
    Thanks Jugghack, how much do they retail for? and where should i buy it from? Would the same servo be good on the throttle/brake linkage or is that overkill?

Ive had a look at the antenna, the top looks a bit worn.. but nothing seems broken or damaged. How much would I be looking at getting a good transmitter/controller combo? thanks again!

RC Champion
    I have had great luck with one traxxas 2075 for steering, I think on my 3.3 the steering servo has outlasted more than a few gallons. On the throttle i have the same, but I use an old throttle setup, that eliminates the return spring at the carb, so the servo doesnt have to stretch the spring to open the carb(spring is behind servo bellcrank, on the rod), seems to keep throttle servos from burning up......
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    It must be hit an miss on these servos. My truck has two 2055 steering servos and a 2055 on the throttle, and I keep waiting for them to die but they won't. I have used giant tires and also changed to the Picco and that setup takes a little more force and yet they keep going. Now that I said that they will probably croak! LOL

A good throttle servo for the money is the Hitec HS-5625MG. Under 50 bucks and I have had good luck with them on other cars. Digital and metal gears and good speed and torque for a throttle application.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revonate333 View Post
    Thanks Jugghack, how much do they retail for? and where should i buy it from? Would the same servo be good on the throttle/brake linkage or is that overkill?

Ive had a look at the antenna, the top looks a bit worn.. but nothing seems broken or damaged. How much would I be looking at getting a good transmitter/controller combo? thanks again!
    Are you using the older 27mhz style controller? If the range is that bad, check for interference. A good cheap combo would be the traxxas 2.4ghz tx/rx. You can pick them up on ebay for 60-70$ shipped to Australia.
    back

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
    It must be hit an miss on these servos. My truck has two 2055 steering servos and a 2055 on the throttle, and I keep waiting for them to die but they won't. I have used giant tires and also changed to the Picco and that setup takes a little more force and yet they keep going. Now that I said that they will probably croak! LOL

A good throttle servo for the money is the Hitec HS-5625MG. Under 50 bucks and I have had good luck with them on other cars. Digital and metal gears and good speed and torque for a throttle application.
    Thats heaps Lucky! Ill have a look at that servo thanks Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by maxidodies View Post
    Are you using the older 27mhz style controller? If the range is that bad, check for interference. A good cheap combo would be the traxxas 2.4ghz tx/rx. You can pick them up on ebay for 60-70$ shipped to Australia.
    Im running the 2.4ghz setup. Must be damaged or something?

Also guys is there any MUST HAVE mods for 80% track driving?

RC poster
    hey guys i ended up going into a local hobby shop and buying a hi-tec 8kg servo for my brake/throttle, only problem is; its opposites now? push trigger out to accelerate and pull to brake..
    Does anybody know how to switch this round? thanks.

Which radio system do you have? AM? Then flip the switch on the bottom. 2.4? Pull out the manual and go through the manual to reverse it.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Which radio system do you have? AM? Then flip the switch on the bottom. 2.4? Pull out the manual and go through the manual to reverse it.
    Ive got the 2.4, however, i bought this second hand and it doesnt have a manual. :S

RC Racer
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...24GHz-INST.pdf
    At the bottom of that it tells you how to set it up.
    So my throttle servo is on channel 2 I would.
    1. Press and hold Menu for 3 seconds
    2. Wait for the green light to blink twice, then Press Set (Channel Setup Two Blinks Green)
    3. Choose my channel (2) wait for it to blink twice. Press Set (Throttle (Channel 2) Two Blinks Green)
    4. One blink Red and press Set will reverse the servo. (Servo Reversing One Blink Red)
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Revonate333 View Post
    hey guys i ended up going into a local hobby shop and buying a hi-tec 8kg servo for my brake/throttle, only problem is; its opposites now? push trigger out to accelerate and pull to brake..
    Does anybody know how to switch this round? thanks.

Did you get new servo horns? the stock horns will not work on hitec servos
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran