RC Qualifier

Traxxas CVDs installed yesterday, but already lost a pin!

I was so excited to run my car with the new Traxxas CVDs that I installed yesterday. About 15 minutes into driving tonight, I somehow lost a pin, yet the o-ring was still in place. What can I use in place of a pin?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    whatever you find that fits, a binder clip, hinge pin, whatever

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraWasHere View Post
    I was so excited to run my car with the new Traxxas CVDs that I installed yesterday. About 15 minutes into driving tonight, I somehow lost a pin, yet the o-ring was still in place. What can I use in place of a pin?
    I made it about 20 minutes before mine left. Also lost the center piece that it goes in. O-ring was still in place...

RC Racer
    I break my pins constantly. After doing research I found out that The size of the pin is 1.5x10mm. I was able to buy 10 pcs from team Durango racing. But it's hard to find. I bought the last one in the auction site and couldn't find another one since then. If you're able to find a set I online post it here. Hope this helps

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas cvd's are the best. I ran mines for a long time, and never lost or broke a piece.

RC Qualifier
    The Team Durango website has them in stock for $3, but their online store is "offline" until Monday, Jan 9.

RC Qualifier
    I'll probably end up heat shrinking mine in place to avoid such a small problem.

RC Qualifier
    Temporary solution: I picked up some #17 zinc finishing nails, cut them to size using dikes, and filed them down to shape. They look just like the pins, but I'm worried they might be softer than needed. I'll be ordering those Team Durango pins today.

RC Qualifier
    The Team Durango pins are in stock, but they'll charge like $20 to ship from the UK. I found some 1.5 x 10 mm pins on amainhobbies for about the same price- $10ish for 10 pins.

RC Enthusiast
    I have faced this problem with mip on my honcho, a drill bit cut down to the right length is the ticket,and made of super hard metal. Just use the shank,not the actual drilling side.