RC Competitor

Starting a RC Racing Club/ Team

How yall doing! I had a question. I was interested in starting my own racing team or club or both. My LHS is 45 minutes away and that's way too far for me to be racing my Slash on a regular basis. I would like to know what I would be able to do to make my own track and establish a competitive club and team. Please someone help. The negative feedback would be great as well! Thanks a lot!

RC Qualifier
    The only thing negative I would have to say is: I'm not close enough!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

First and foremost, do you have the land to put a track in?
    - you'll need track scoring and maintenance equipment.
    (this is what I like about crawling, you just need a rock pile, a few old tennis balls cut in half and chalk)

Second, are there enough people in the area that want to race?

Third, I'd recommend only having two classes to start with: stock and modified.
    - This will keep the start up costs for new drivers down, but will allow seasoned drivers a higher level of competition.

Last, club rules.
    - Recommend setting these in place right away. They will help to prevent misunderstandings about conduct and drinking.
    - You can find other club's rules online, find another club's that read close to the way you want them to, then modify them to meet you club's needs.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    hmmmmmmmmm make sure your track isnt stupid or really long with impossible turns (like infeon) and then yes you need rules and i would say 4 classes electric modified and stock nitro modified and stock. make sure you have a place with a view of the whole track for the drivers to stand at and also make sure that you have seen interest in the hobby in the area. i'd reccomend racing entries being free because of the way the economy is
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Competitor
    Thank you all for the feedback! I was thinking of having a free entry fee and two to four classes so you all are right where I was thinking. I don't have the land to build an outside track but I have plenty for an indoor to run at the very largest, 1/10 slashes. There are many ppl I know who run a lot of 1/16 minis so that may be the dominant to begin with and 1/10 on roads but the 1/10 sc's are steadily growing among us. The rules is something I'm having the biggest trouble with but any additional feedback would be great! You guys are great!!!