Thread: Jato height

RC Enthusiast

Jato height

I bought my jato off of eBay with it all ready lowered, I recently got another jato and have no idea how to lower it. I've look it up on YouTube, and the only video I found said to cut the shaft part of your shocks. This doesn't seem like the right thing to do, if it is, then so be it, otherwise I need some expert help. On how to performs this task. Thanks,

RC Qualifier
    Put pieces of fuel tube on the shaft inside the shock body. Just make sure they are even.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Enthusiast
    At first I didn't understand, but I watched that video and read all the comments and started to understand alittle better. Do you think there's is anyway you can make a video of how to do it and put it on YouTube or send it to me? If not, can you give me a more descriptive view on this, or send me to another website or person that has this down to a science. Sorry for the bother.
    Last edited by Jato has ballz; 12-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    if i remember right back when i had my first jato. i fliped my a-arms an that lower it way down....

RC Qualifier
    Take the shock shaft out of the shock , put fuel tube on shaft and then re install shaft in shock body. The fuel tube will keep more shaft inside the shock body. I will take pics later if you still don't understand.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm getting the jist of it, but pictures would be amazing. Plus, what do you think about what Chris said? Still want the pictures anyhow.

RC Qualifier

The purple is inside the shock body. you get the idea ?
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Enthusiast
    Yea that makes sense, thanks, are you doing that to your truck? An how are you posting your pictures? I had a hard time putting some up and I finally used photo bucket. From the looks of it, it seems your did not.

RC Qualifier
    I just took a pic of some junk shocks for an example. I have done this before but not doing it now. And the pic is from my cell phone.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Enthusiast
    Yea but how do you post it, it puts up this thing with a URL.

RC Qualifier
    You need the app. I think its taptalk. And it just works , not sure how. Pretty easy. From my computer I need to use photobucket.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Enthusiast
    I used the photo bucket, on my computer but it lest a link. The linked worked but 9 times out of 10,people will not open it. Im going to buy a itunes card to get tap talk.