RC Racer

Anyone tried making chains for the (stock) Canyon AT tires?

All,

I'd like to use my 1/16 summit with the stock canyons on packed snow (like on my driveway after it has been plowed) this winter.

I have been thinking of making chains for the canyons but am a little concerned about how it would work. The canyons are very soft and I am worred that the chains may bite too much into the tires. Does anyone have any experience doing this? (i searched the forum and came up empty)

I see that many like sand paws for snow but I don't plan to actually run in snow of any depth

Also, do you think i will need to gear down?

thanks
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Slash Ultimate, Slash 2wd MT

RC Racer
    I made some for mine and it works great. I bought some small gauged chain at a hardware store. The links themselves look like chain used for trailers or what have you but just really small. Like 3/8" inch per link. Check hardware stores for 'decorative chain' that you think looks cool for snow chains.

So the process I uses was measuring the circumference of the wheel and cutting a length of chain to match. Now cut another piece the same length for the inside of the tire. Once you have two lengths side by side start connecting them with more chain to look like train tracks. I used pliers to bend the links apart and bend them back together. Anyway after some time you should have something like snow chains or a train track.

Once I had it all assembled laid it over the tire and bent the links together to hold on the tire.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SumChain.jpg

Hope that picture made it on here. Anyway this is what I ended up with. As far as gearing down I'm not sure what to do. The problem I have is there is hardly and snow where I'm at to even have chains. So I haven't even tried it yet.

Also zip ties I hear make good snow chains.

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Thanks Jimmie. I was having trouble getting it on here. I was going to go back and fix it but cool thanks.