Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    I only do NiMHs so I just have a Prophet Sport II from Dynamite.
    http://traxxastuesdays.webs.com/apps...toid=151773226
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I joined the Powerlab-6 bandwagon a couple months ago also. Once you owm one you wonder why you didnt spend the money in the begining. It'll be the last one that I own. I purchased my setup from Progressive RC. Very good bunch of folks over there. Powering this bad boy is a 600W PSU. No slacker in anyway. A couple weeks later i had seen a couple folks using Server PSU's so i flew to ebay and picked 2 up fairly cheap. I havent put them together yet. But i did fire them up and they purr like a kitten. They will supply me way more than i'll ever need. I think combined they will output 1150W if i remember right. KSB helped me out with that. I also spent the big bucks on their MPA parallel board. If you don't have one of those you don't know what you are missing either. I find it a very good investment also. The software is totally sweet, very powerful stuff there. I havent even tapped it. Anyways here's my setup. Oh and I parallel 6- 2S packs & balance them in 30-35 mins.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    you elitist powerlab owners should be ashamed of yourselves. such bad influences on a poor dope like me.

for shame.

FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ thats exactly how i felt when jakey and KSB were "all up in my face" about how great it was... I felt like so much less of a man I got one myself. Now I walk a little taller, smile a little brighter and get lots more looks from the ladies. All thanks to a PL6.

Screenshot of a real charge I just completed. Notice the "Output = 500 Watts" line. (It changed to 0.5 kW right after, but that was the limit.) If I want to pull more watts from my PSU, I'll need higher-count packs. I'm only halfway to its and the the charger's maximum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Can somebody explain these fancy graphs and computer setups to me? Why is it more complicated than plugging it into the wall, plugging in a battery, and waiting for a beep?

I'm not sure they would matter at all if you are just charging some NiMH packs on the wall.
    Either way, the details are probably better addressed in a dedicated thread.

RC Champion
    I assumed they were more for lipos, and too complicated for a single post in this thread. Can you just tell me what the program is called and I'll go research on the internet? Or is it more complicated than just a program I can research... more like an entire concept I need to grasp?

FMA Charge Control Software Tour
    FMA Charge Control Software Download Page
    The Prophet Sport II manual is 2 pages. The PL6 manual is about 80 pages longer. You are absolutely right about not being able to cover it all in this limited space.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    KSB it doesnt hiccup on 2s packs but when I put some 3S in there it really starts to draw some WATTS. Thats when the new PSU build would come in handy.

I need to pull some ideas on the best way to setup those 2 server PSUs. Being that i'm at work on standy for a Turnaround for the next 45+ days. Weekends tend to be really quiet here. I might have to drag my bag of goodies to work to wire and solder them up.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Just charging nimh's at the moment with a Dynamite.

I design power supplies, battery back ups, chargers, and LED lighting systems for a living. If I ever get some spare time, i will design my own charger for the hobby. I've done a li-ion backed up LED driver that included cell protection and charging that was fully adjustable via usb control. Wrote some PC side software for that as well as the firmware too . That was a 3000mAh system. Biggest I've done so far.