RC Racer

castle -vs- tacon

ive been runnin my 2wd slash with a 3200kv tacon and it ran pretty good, so i thought id put my 4600kv castle on it and man the difference. the only issue is i only get bout 12 minutes before it reaches 175 deg. gonna go back to a 90t spur. im running pede tires and rims on back and plan on getting either mashers or trenchers. any gearing recomendations.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I would drop a couple of teeth on the pinion. For every 1 tooth you drop on the pinion=to about 3 on the spur. Putting the bigger spur will only make a small difference.

For a gearing recommendation with that motor(mashers are a little taller than the trenchers maybe 15t pinion with them), I would start with a 16/90 to be safe. Then you could adjust up or down on the gear as temps allow.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    thnks rag ill try it and see how it works

RC Champion
    Is yours the 2 or 4 pole 4600kv motor and are you running on 2S or 3S?

I run the 4 pole 4600 on 2S with zero timing and have no heat issues at all, even when running 12/54 gearing.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Racer
    wolf its the 2 pole. im running 2s mostly, but sometimes run 3s. its geared 19/86 think im gonna try maybe 15/86.