RC Competitor

Hop up parts before this thing hits the ground

Looking to mod this boy right out of the box!!!

So I already have a high voltage JR servo ready to go in as well as a BEC to boost it... I'm trying to see what else off the shelf we know can be replaced...

Will pro line dual spring suspension work? I'm assuming so, they shocks I dont believe are anything other than off the shelf type units.

The bell crank looks like that of any other unit, I want to order it but I'm holding out...

The A-arms I read at some point were the same as the Slash, so I'm going to pull the trigger on some silver aluminum ones since I'm getting a silver car!

Got some crazy 65C batteries to in her as well!!!

I'm sure some people will be like this thing is crazy already but I love modding stuff its my thing, I rather build and mod than drive half the time!

Any other common parts on this that a third party already manufactures (like the Slash A-arms for example)

Thanks! Hope more people buy these!!!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-30-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Language

RC Champion
    I doubt the Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks will work, as they are the longer length for the slash 4x4.
    They could work if you put some fuel tubing on them though.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I would take the stock revo shock bodies over the prolines any day. Look for ERBE shock upgrades.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Right, this car uses the ... VTR? I forget the name, but the same shocks as the revo and jato.

Traxxas makes a variable damper piston kit, I run one on my ERBE, it would probably be a decent upgrade for this car as well.

A snappy servo is a good choice. I like the 2075's but they aren't super fast.

I'll be putting a gyro in mine, anything this fast needs one.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    thats a good call on the gyro, wonder why trx did not think of it. speed sensitive gyro sensitivity would be awesome.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Right, this car uses the ... VTR? I forget the name, but the same shocks as the revo and jato.

Traxxas makes a variable damper piston kit, I run one on my ERBE, it would probably be a decent upgrade for this car as well.

Thats what I was wondering since someone I'm sure makes a suspension setup for the REVO or Jato off the shelf that could bolt onto this car. The proline suspension was just an example.

Are the A-arms off the shelf Slash A-arms?

I was considering the gyro I have read of speed built rustlers running them.

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post

Any good gyro recommendations?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-01-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've got 2 PG-03 gyros. They work great in just about anything.

RC Racer
    Hey if you can please list the hop-up I'm a nube to traxxas. I only have 1/5 scale rc's.

I would like hop's that will make it go faster..lol