Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,471

    I want to see this beast at the dragstrip!

    I'm envisioning a drag race between this beast and some unsuspecting super cars. Throw in some GoPros and that would be some killer video to watch!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    782
    now thats a good idea!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,134
    That would be fun!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    506
    Nothing can touch XO-1 0-60 or 0-100. Even Bugatti Veyron fails.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,936
    That feature is awesome but peter could traxxas make a 3 speed option so it can do 250mph like the veyron?

    no I'm serious
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    We-Go, Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,817
    A drag strip would be one of the few placed I'd feel comfortable running a monster like this........it would be a whole lot harder for any idiot to walk out in front of it!
    Aw, Biscuits!

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,685
    But what is the TOP SPEED? it may get to 100 quick but if thats all it does it has a rude awakening, because it will be doing 100 by half track-ish and no more left to go.

    the Veyron was a horrible comparison for 1/4, the Veyron is severely limited under 150mph many cars beat them 0-150,even a 15+yr old McLaren F1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXqSedWSu2k
    Everything overpowered...

  8. #8
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,502
    But what is the TOP SPEED? it may get to 100 quick but if thats all it does it has a rude awakening, because it will be doing 100 by half track-ish and no more left to go.
    Are you serious? How can you ask "is that all it does?" when you are talking about a 100 mph RC car?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,685
    Maybe you took it the wrong way, I didnt say is that all. I said asked what is the top speed.

    You're pretending they are the first one hit 100, yes maybe the first RTR, but it doesnt even do 100 without "unlocking" it. Kinda misleading and ridiculous when it costs $1100 then you need a separate device to do so. "100+ "

    Im not downing either company, but when u integrated and make it a requirement to have an iphone or touch, its backing Apple in a big way. Like it or not.

    Remember, saying and doing are two different things..
    Everything overpowered...

  10. #10
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,502
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Maybe you took it the wrong way, I didnt say is that all. I said asked what is the top speed.

    You're pretending they are the first one hit 100, yes maybe the first RTR, but it doesnt even do 100 without "unlocking" it. Kinda misleading and ridiculous when it costs $1100 then you need a separate device to do so. "100+ "

    Im not downing either company, but when u integrated and make it a requirement to have an iphone or touch, its backing Apple in a big way. Like it or not.

    Remember, saying and doing are two different things..
    The top speed is clearly documented by Traxxas, 50 mph locked as it comes out of the box and 100 mph once the governor is unlocked. It is the first car to come from a factory capable of the 100 mph mark unless you know of some car I dont know of. Others have modified cars to go that fast but to my knowledge no stock car is capable of it so it is a big deal. The speeds are clearly documented so there is NO MISS LEADING going on here.

    The entire IDevice deal has already been beat to death. Clearly some love it some hate it. If it is not for you then the Super Car probably is not for you or you can work around it in whatever way you chose.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,685
    Correct you are, and I stated the first RTR, but 100mph is not a surprise number for a lot of people. The speed are clearly documented on the product page, not EVERYONE that buys from traxxas has the ability to see that, or even know it exists. Some buy LHS, and or dont have access to the net at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Traxxas does mention on the "50mph out of the box" on the box.

    "Buy the New Carabou Antler, it goes 200mph for $35,000, but buy and F16 to mount on it and it goes 400mph"

    Sorta how the whole ipod thing sounds is why I say it can be a bit misleading and misinterpreted.
    Everything overpowered...

  12. #12
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,502
    QYKSLVR I hesitate to even comment the analogy is so ridiculous. This car is clearly aimed at Experts, Traxxas as made that clear. Experts tend to have done their research and know what they are getting into and Traxxas has NEVER mislead anyone with their advertising. They may make the 100 mph big and stand out on the box and the 50 mph small print but come on let's get in the real world here. If a customer is going to spend the kind of money we are talking about here and not know what he is getting into it is going to be on him not on Traxxas.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,685
    Buy a car that goes 50, but buy an ipod touch/iphone (for those that dont already have the luxury of owning one) and it will do 100. Obviously out of question because no on has a F16 laying about but still the same idea.

    And Ive made the point that there will always be someone who buys something they know nothing about, I just hope Traxxas takes precautions for that. The system is probably too power hungry to offer with hump packs either...
    Everything overpowered...

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Buy a car that goes 50, but buy an ipod touch/iphone (for those that dont already have the luxury of owning one) and it will do 100. Obviously out of question because no on has a F16 laying about but still the same idea.

    And Ive made the point that there will always be someone who buys something they know nothing about, I just hope Traxxas takes precautions for that. The system is probably too power hungry to offer with hump packs either...
    Didn't they kind of do that with the whole "unlock using an idevice thing" that apparently has a disclaimer attached to it.

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    Nothing can touch XO-1 0-60 or 0-100. Even Bugatti Veyron fails.
    A fellow at our lhs is picking one up and we are talking about making a vid for kicks. Hopefully everything will pan out. There is a drag strip about 30 min out of town we might be able to visit. I know all the super cars would fail. But it would be cool to see them get smoked!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    936
    im not to sure about this quote their are some really fast purpose built drag cars but im almost willing to find out

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,134
    I'm lost as in why some compare this toy to a full size car...
    apples to oranges? no more like apples to watermelon
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    I'm lost as in why some compare this toy to a full size car...
    apples to oranges? no more like apples to watermelon
    It's all about the video...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    QYKSLVR I hesitate to even comment the analogy is so ridiculous. This car is clearly aimed at Experts, Traxxas as made that clear. Experts tend to have done their research and know what they are getting into and Traxxas has NEVER mislead anyone with their advertising. They may make the 100 mph big and stand out on the box and the 50 mph small print but come on let's get in the real world here. If a customer is going to spend the kind of money we are talking about here and not know what he is getting into it is going to be on him not on Traxxas.
    Actually Traxxas missleads all of their Rtr vehicles speeds on the box. They all either need different gearing or different battery setups to obtain they're claimed speeds. They do state this, but you have to hunt it down in the small print. They do this to get you in the door.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

  20. #20
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Actually Traxxas missleads all of their Rtr vehicles speeds on the box. They all either need different gearing or different battery setups to obtain they're claimed speeds. They do state this, but you have to hunt it down in the small print. They do this to get you in the door.
    If they state that you need the optional or extra gearing whatever the case may be how is it misleading? Answer it it is not. As much as we might not like the fine print it is the excepted standard in just about EVERYTHING we buy from food to clothing and everyting in between including RC cars.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,102
    I can't believe people are finding every little issue about this car. Stop beating the dead horse. Fyi yes there may be faster RC cars and those don't need to be unlock with a idevice but most are not 1/7 scale or capable of running over 100mph after 3 passes and probably cost over a grand easily yet alone all the custom Modding you need to do. This car is stock doing 100 and will handle rough roads easier then a 100mph 1/10 TC. Fact. Heck probably increase the gearing more, timing and maybe even higher quality batteries I can bet you'll hit 120mph. News flash, that is faster then most compact cars. If that is slow for you and giving the massive 1/7scale size and with speeds idk what to say anymore. Maybe a Rock Crawler or a Walmart brand is your cup of tea.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  22. #22
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80
    Haha there is where you are wrong because lets take the E-Maxx BL Edition the charts on the overview page list the gearing the battery types and how fast it will go along with skill level same with the Boss 302, E-Revo, And every single other brushless traxxas vehicle

  23. #23
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Actually Traxxas missleads all of their Rtr vehicles speeds on the box. They all either need different gearing or different battery setups to obtain they're claimed speeds. They do state this, but you have to hunt it down in the small print. They do this to get you in the door.
    Haha there is where you are wrong because lets take the E-Maxx BL Edition the charts on the overview page list the gearing the battery types and how fast it will go along with skill level same with the Boss 302, E-Revo, And every single other brushless traxxas vehicle

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Queens, NY/Orlando, FL
    Posts
    494
    I can't wait to see this thing go up against some real cars

    My Slash 4x4 on 3s beat a brand new Ferrari 458 Italia in a sprint to 70, so I can only imagine what this beast will do

  25. #25
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rc Room
    Posts
    1,482
    On board Nic Case's Rc Super Car
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRpYq12GTQ

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,253
    if you take your new car to a dragstrip make sure it has a chance of winning. as some rc cars go a lot faster. as for racing against a real car. why not go against a car that has a real chance. like a 300mph car. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

  27. #27
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    if you take your new car to a dragstrip make sure it has a chance of winning. as some rc cars go a lot faster. as for racing against a real car. why not go against a car that has a real chance. like a 300mph car. lol
    yea... I'm not so into the idea of trying to race 1:1 cars. Its easy to beat them with rc.

    As far as racing other rc's.... I'm sure the XO is a contender, but a purpose built drag car is probably faster...

    Remember, there's always someone faster out there.


    My buddy and I would run high speed setups on running tracks at local schools. I called it the superspeedway. I think the XO would just excel on a running track.

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rc Room
    Posts
    1,482
    Oh yeah^. A school track would be pretty nice with the X1. Nice and big so it should be easy to see sweeping out of turn number 2 going into back straight.

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    416
    I am so tired of hearing all these grown men whining if you want it just buy it like me because I am a Expert lol, or just Don't buy it if you have a problem with the car. One thing I can say is all of the guys who say they don't like it and all this Other crap will most likely be putting your whole collection up for trade or sale to just get one OX-1. One thing I learned in Life is to never down talk on someones products, services, and company because you don't like something.

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    416
    XO-1 my bad

  31. #31
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,471
    Still hoping to find someone to go make videos of the beast with. The fella at our lhs had to cancel his order after his wife found out and got upset. So the lhs is still ordering one anyway. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I'm sure there will be others on youtube making some killer vids of these!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    Still hoping to find someone to go make videos of the beast with. The fella at our lhs had to cancel his order after his wife found out and got upset. So the lhs is still ordering one anyway. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I'm sure there will be others on youtube making some killer vids of these!
    Well I don't have an XO-1 or a supercar but I do have a pickup and a 3S 2400kv Slash geared up. Maybe this will tide you over for RC vs fullsize racing video untill someone does it with an xo1. Gives you an idea of how RC obliterates 1:1 when it comes to acceleration. Camera is a ContourHD1080p.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/judgegix.../0/aApRymtNmWw
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  33. #33
    Traxxas Employee 3_rolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    194

    Here is a Traxxas vehicle you may see at a drag strip. . .

    I'm just going to leave this right here

    Roll cages are RC training wheels

  34. #34
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    well now that you've basically old us whats next when's this one coming out? will this drag car be like 300 if you unlock and like 50 if you don't or can it competye with an xo- 1 what scale is it?
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  35. #35
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    18,611
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    I'm just going to leave this right here
    You really shouldn't do that to the guys.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  36. #36
    Traxxas Employee Nitro Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Chicken coop
    Posts
    6,408
    Time for some intoxicating (real) nitro fumes I guess! http://traxxas.com/racing/news/Traxx...Courtney-Force (Just in case you haven't gone to our home page for awhile)
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

  37. #37
    Traxxas Employee 3_rolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by slash2147 View Post
    well now that you've basically old us whats next when's this one coming out? will this drag car be like 300 if you unlock and like 50 if you don't or can it competye with an xo- 1 what scale is it?
    That's not RC, it's full size. Driven by Courtney Force
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca and Fairfield, Ca
    Posts
    11,579
    Let me take a look. I usually go straight to the forums.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  39. #39
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,679
    Looks good, although its a mustang body.

    If yall are cheif sponsor, why not throw some XO-1 Decals on that car?


    lulz, after seeing the big ford decals too, I understand why its got to have mustang decals....

    Still, I love that traxxas sponsors race teams. The only reason I buy the occasional red bull is because I like that they sponsor all sorts of vehicular nonsense.

  40. #40
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    bet that beast is hard to handle. who in the right mind 300 mph? 1/4 mile?
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •