I understand some of you are unhappy about the iDevice, and some of the statements make sense to me.
1. However, if they made software compatible with Android and iOS, then some of the Blackberry, Palm, or other smart phone customers would be complaining. Not everyone would be happy.
2. You probably aren't seeing the gas mileage promised in your full-size vehicle. Have you boycotted all the car manufacturers? Maybe you have or maybe you haven't. I don't know.
3. Whether you are self-employed or work for someone else, they are very interested in making money. Otherwise, we would not have half of the luxuries that we have now (including the r/c cars that we currently own). In addition, they can't please everyone, but they are satisfying quite a few people, otherwise they wouldn't make enough money to keep their doors open. Traxxas is no different.
4. Iím guessing, because I donít know how your job works, but if a group of customers that buy your company's products or use your company's services complain about a particular package or the way something is marketed, does your company always change it?
5. More than likely, you have purchased something else that has required you to do something to it, in order to reach its fullest potential, whether it's another battery pack, a gear, tires, or a product not r/c related (i.e. like buying an extra component for a gaming console)
6. Like it or not, Traxxas has already decided on how they are going to market and package the XO-1 and every other vehicle they sell. However, no one is stopping you from creating your own company, which you can market and package products how you see fit. You could also prove to Traxxas that you can do a better job than their current engineering and design staff, and maybe they will hire you.
7. An iDevice is a problem to unlock the full speed of the XO-1, but needing a computer to fully program any Castle ESC doesnít seem to be a problem, and you can only use the Windows OS. Even though not everyone has a computer, Castle doesnít seem to have a problem selling its brushless systems.
8. Whereís the love? There are some posts that are negative, but I would just think that you would have at least one good thing to say. After all, you are on a Traxxas forum, so you must like something about them, right?
9. Perhaps the XO-1 is a platform that is to be used in other vehicles (like other r/c car and full-size car companies do). Maybe even the vehicle you were hoping for, but with an Android app this time. If that is the case, with the way things are going on this forum that proposed new vehicle may never see the light of day.
10. Complaining (I didnít say voicing your opinion), slamming, etc. the iDevice option, or anything else, is probably not the best way to convince Traxxas, or anybody, to change their mind.
11. Frustration aside, letís be happy that with this economy we still have this hobby, can afford to continue to bash and/or race, and have companies that continue to bring us new and innovative products, even if itís not what you want at the time.