Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disapointed

RC Racer

disapointed

im honestly disapointed. i was expecting 7 good models. got one.... i wont say bad but..... not good. i dont like to rant so i wont. traxxas, i love ya but even if i could afford this i wouldnt get it. im just... disapointed. i dont think this will raise the bar. what are your thoughts?
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Qualifier
    I think it definitely raises the bar. 100 mph out of a RTR? What's not to like?

If on-road isn't your thing, don't think for a minute there won't be legions of RC'ers tweaking those parts to fit their trucks.

Plus, its not like they are necessarily done making announcements...

Clearly this is going to be a love hate thing. Some love it, others... not so much. If you don't like it, or can't appreciate it, you'll probably buy something else. I don't think TRX expects this to be a huge seller, given what they have said about the vehicle, and who it is aimed at (not newbs). The one real positive thing I see coming from this is the trickle down effect. What other vehicles will we start seeing people using parts from this on? This opens up a world possibiltites. Would I buy one? No; I don't have that kind of extra coin burning a hole in my pocket, but I can appreciate the technology and thinking that went into developing this.

To each his own.
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    it seems to me like a spinning letter X has caused too much excitement
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    I think it definitely raises the bar. 100 mph out of a RTR? What's not to like?

If on-road isn't your thing, don't think for a minute there won't be legions of RC'ers tweaking those parts to fit their trucks.

Plus, its not like they are necessarily done making announcements...
    its actually about 60 out the box because you have to use an i apple device to unlock the esc so..... standard brushless speed basically
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Champion
    i want ONE! it looks awesome i like the black one..... huge parking that car come screaming in on some high speed runs.
    YEA!
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Of course you guys think they dropped the ball... they didn't produce the exact vehicle YOU wanted. I promise you, all the guys who have been dying for a larger scale 1/8 brushless car don't think traxxas dropped the ball at all. Maybe its time for people to stop thinking so internally and look at the bigger picture. Not every release will be what YOU want. Think of the bigger picture and you will begin to appreciate what this vehicle says about the future of traxxas vehicle. Instead of whining... get excited. I see SO many possibilities in this thing.

Where are you guys getting the 7 new models number from? We never said that, and the only place I can think of it coming from is the thread started by the guy who clearly had no idea what he was talking about? With every new release, you will never please 100% of your customers. It is just not possible.
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Of course you guys think they dropped the ball... they didn't produce the exact vehicle YOU wanted. I promise you, all the guys who have been dying for a larger scale 1/8 brushless car don't think traxxas dropped the ball at all. Maybe its time for people to stop thinking so internally and look at the bigger picture. Not every release will be what YOU want. Think of the bigger picture and you will begin to appreciate what this vehicle says about the future of traxxas vehicle. Instead of whining... get excited. I see SO many possibilities in this thing.
    I like the idea of a super car. And it looks great too

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Maybe its time for people to stop thinking so internally and look at the bigger picture. Not every release will be what YOU want. Think of the bigger picture and you will begin to appreciate what this vehicle says about the future of traxxas vehicle. Instead of whining... get excited. I see SO many possibilities in this thing.
    Quoted the important part.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    Where are you guys getting the 7 new models number from? We never said that, and the only place I can think of it coming from is the thread started by the guy who clearly had no idea what he was talking about? With every new release, you will never please 100% of your customers. It is just not possible.
    I really like the vehicle. Thanks to you 3_rolls and the other guys at Traxxas for turning out such great models.

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!
    Last edited by 1979chevy.; 11-30-2011 at 04:26 PM.

RC Racer
    I like the new car. Can't afford that and 100 is just too fast for me! Only bummer part i see is, Not waterproof. The radio looks awesome!

RC Qualifier
    honestly that car looks sick and the speeds are crazy, but like they said its a level 10 experience car. I'm a nitro fan and I can't wait to get my hands on that motor after I check the kg and put it to work on my t maxx for winter fun. that remote system is pure magic itself. with the opening of that tech will push other companies to compete which feels like the race to the moon.

I know that with this for electric it won't be far behind for them to adapt the tqi for nitro. also think about the guys who can tune electronically through remote and ipod. maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but they just added a whole new chapter of possibilities to the sport and hobby. can't wait to see what the big dawgs do with this after they get bored with the current stock speed. wait a few months to a year and see where they are then.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-02-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed sexual reference.

RC Champion
    I just think like everything else in technology traxxas is losing it's mechanical engineering and replacing it with electronic stuff. but still even though I don't want to own it I will feel happier in the knowledge that it exists
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    are you saying i have no idea what im talking about? look im not about to get into with a traxxas employee or mod such as yourself but look i got 7 model frome many threads and im not thinking internally either pavementsurfer, i just dont thing its going anywhere and im not about to sit here and be called a whiner. pave, youve helped me with lots and i thank you for that but as you should see i was clearly stating my opinion, not whining
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

Quote Originally Posted by slash2147 View Post
    are you saying i have no idea what im talking about? look im not about to get into with a traxxas employee or mod such as yourself but look i got 7 model frome many threads and im not thinking internally either pavementsurfer, i just dont thing its going anywhere and im not about to sit here and be called a whiner. pave, youve helped me with lots and i thank you for that but as you should see i was clearly stating my opinion, not whining
    I never said that you had no idea what you were talking about. There was a thread started here by a member who claimed to have inside info that 7 models were coming out. I was saying that he had no idea what he was talking about. That thread was just an attempt to garner some attention. That info did not come from Traxxas. I don't care how many threads on how many forums said 7 new models, that information was wrong. Our new stuff is awesome. I love the car (it drives amazing, and I'm going to attempt some 1/8 GT racing with it. Mine will probably never hit 100), but to be honest I'm a bit more excited about the radio. To have that much tuning power right there is awesome.

I'm not a Onroad fan, as there are so many limitations as to where you can run it. But for those who want a Street Machine, it should be pretty good.

Looks like the 4tec has a replacement to me...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-04-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im sorry if I offended you Slash2147... that wasn't my intention. Im just trying to point out that just weather or not a vehicle is what a person was hoping for, the technology developed IN that vehicle may benefit you at some point. Look at the Slash 4X4 and the pede 4X4. The technology that brought us the slash 4X4 benefited those of us DYING for a 4X4 pede.

This car is just the beginning. However what I said about thinking internally IS true if a person isn't willing to look beyond what is right in front of them. By definition that IS internal thinking... its not personal and its not an offensive comment.

RC Competitor
    I was really hoping for something large, off-road, and gasoline powered. Sure, I think this technology is cool and all, but I think that it is going to raise the price of R/C substantially. Can I afford a XO-1? Yeah, but I'm not going to run out and buy one just because it does 100mph and can be tuned with an iphone. Even though it is not for me, I am happy for everyone who is planning on getting one. It's just not my personal cup of tea. Hope you have a large and clear piece of asphalt!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-01-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: sp.

RC Racer

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXerBaSHer View Post
    ^^^^^^LOL thats awsome
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXerBaSHer View Post
    Gotta love that.

I'm excited about the tech that went into this vehicle. It will eventually rickle down. They raised the bar and set it pretty high. everyone else will be playing catch up...
    There was alot of thought put into this on so many levels. No one that I can think of has a rc close to this. Schumacker or however it's spelled can eat my 3 year old can of spam in my garage. This car is a beast. I didn't want a super car, but I want it really bad now that it is here. I want it because it's better than any other out there. There are plenty of huge mega lots were I live. Plus lots of highway and a couple of raceways and drag strip. I'm thinking a Gopro and some souped up sports cars going head to head against this beast.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    Gotta love that.

I'm excited about the tech that went into this vehicle. It will eventually rickle down. They raised the bar and set it pretty high. everyone else will be playing catch up...
    There was alot of thought put into this on so many levels. No one that I can think of has a rc close to this. Schumacker or however it's spelled can eat my 3 year old can of spam in my garage. This car is a beast. I didn't want a super car, but I want it really bad now that it is here. I want it because it's better than any other out there. There are plenty of huge mega lots were I live. Plus lots of highway and a couple of raceways and drag strip. I'm thinking a Gopro and some souped up sports cars going head to head against this beast.
    to behonest schumucher has be running 70mph for along time but is a nitro people have run 100 mph with an hpi super rs4 but neither were out of the box ,both nitro powered ,the car is cool but other than the radio they used parts the already had .an lcg slash 4x4 with a big motor . not bashing the part i do thing the took to the next level is the areodynamics and how they function to make the car capable because the rs4 i speek of went air born at 104 i think and bad bad thing happen at that speed

RC Champion
    I hear pave...

I am sorry for everone not liking this vehicle. They did not produce what You wanted, but for a change they did produce what I wanted. I myself wanted the "X" to be a touring car but expected a large scale. I got both.

My first hobby grade was a N4TEC, then shortly after a TC3FT for local racing. Just about eveything off road I own is currently setup, or has been set up as an on-road. I am seeing a pattern here. As much as I have tuned them they are not on-road cars.

I have raced 1/8 on-road. Larger scale just takes to higher speed better. A larger scale also sits alot higher off the ground than a 1/10 scale. I had to pretty picky where I ran my n4tec. I have tons very large, very open so-so condition parking lots at my disposal. I may hold off on getting one until all the snow is gone to order, but I will have one.
    Pay It Forward.

Traxxas Employee sofasticantseeit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    I just think like everything else in technology traxxas is losing it's mechanical engineering and replacing it with electronic stuff. but still even though I don't want to own it I will feel happier in the knowledge that it exists
    I'll have you know that A LOT (much more than you realize) ME went into this car. The EE side of things would be nothing without a stable platform to run it on, and vice-versa for that matter.

RC Champion
    just having a guess here but almost everybody wants a fast car so traxxas has saved you the time buy building a RTR one for you. i have a few cars that will do 100+ if i wanted them to but they just couldn't hold up to that sort of speed on a daily basis. so i like the idea of the traxxas chassis that can handle that sort of speed.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

Those nitros only.get about 5mins per.tanks...if lucky. Electrics have pasted 120 140mph for years but none of these carselectric or nitro can handle a constant 100mph non stop.on a daily basis.Look at the people running the rustler vxl on 3s lipos to hit 70mph plus. After 3 passes they have the let the motor cool down. The Xo1 doesn't seem to have that problem. This is what make this car great. Simple and fast.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Enthusiast
    Seems like a mechanical brake system would be great, hitting the electronic brakes at high speeds is gonna be hard on batts and motor and ESC.
    One thing we can easily see coming now, since TRX has mastered the art of getting licensed replica bodies, tires etc., is we should be seeing some sweet bodies..... or wait I guess it's mainly Ford for the bodies so that would limit it to the Ford GT body, but I'm sure Pro Line is busy working towards Corvette or other super car bodies.
    3905 Emaxx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BTEMT View Post
    One thing we can easily see coming now, since TRX has mastered the art of getting licensed replica bodies, tires etc., is we should be seeing some sweet bodies..... or wait I guess it's mainly Ford for the bodies so that would limit it to the Ford GT body, but I'm sure Pro Line is busy working towards Corvette or other super car bodies.
    I've been on the fence as to whether or not I should pull the trigger on one, if they put a Ford GT body on one that would just be my kryptonite! Not as aerodynamic as the standard body but that is one FINE car. They've got a lot of Ford-licensed stuff, I can't imagine it would be TOO tough to get Ford to agree to let Traxxas make their hot new product look like a Ford! If they can get licensing from Chevy for a Corvette body that would be cool, too (though probably less likely). I'm a Ford guy but I'd be totally OK with buying a Corvette body

I want a Aston Martin db9r. Or v12 vantage. body. Selling all my RC stuff and I mean all for this bad boy. I'm want to start fresh.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash2147 View Post
    im honestly disapointed. i was expecting 7 good models. got one.... i wont say bad but..... not good. i dont like to rant so i wont. traxxas, i love ya but even if i could afford this i wouldnt get it. im just... disapointed. i dont think this will raise the bar. what are your thoughts?
    x2.......................
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Enthusiast
    Waterproof shouldn't be an issue, as running this when it is wet is asking for trouble....
    But the motor make like the extra cooling ::P

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    I'm disappointed that they didn't design it with ball pivoting suspension.

Will this car even handle good on a track with turns at 60+mph?
    I got skills!

RC Champion
    i think its a good step for rc... taking (beyond) quality engineering and intuitive design and putting it into an RC, Sweet! but on the other hand the price is sort-of sad. the cost is the mamba monster for sure, but how does the rest of that plastic add up to 1000+ ?

but its still impressive how some of our members get "not" speed oriented cars to reach high 80's or even a rustler to 100 for that matter

about the name too-- extreme only= X0-1
    that leads me to believe there will be an X0-2 maybe offroad
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    I just think like everything else in technology traxxas is losing it's mechanical engineering and replacing it with electronic stuff.
    Do a little research as to what Mechanical Engineering is all about and you may be surprised how much ME was utilized in the overall development of this car.

RC Racer
    The car does a 100MPH HELLO

I will not only get one but will also get a second one in a couple months.

RC Competitor
    Like 3 rolls said, "you can't please everyone". I think the car is awesome!![I can't afford it] But the technical stuff is awesome and hopefully the tech will trickle down to the other products. I was hoping for a less expensive street car[about the size of the Slash body]..but........ Traxxas has nothing to explain to anyone, they built what they wanted, if you can afford it and like it buy it, If you don't like it ....don't buy it! On another thread everyone is complaining about the apple interface[don't like apple] there not talking about the car,there complaining about apple....get over it...Traxxas did what they did,I'm sure they though about it and did what they thought was best.

RC poster
    I would not say i'm disappointed. this car is clearly a marketing tool more than anything else... really to bring the traxxas name more mainstream. the youtube video, has got over a million hits. why? b/c the first thing anyone asks about an r/c car (especially those with no knowledge of them) is "how fast does it go?" the raw speed appeals more to the masses as "cool". traxxas knows this, and they play to it.

i would wager there will be a high percentage of buyers that have zero experience with r/c cars. just the fact that it goes 100+ mph is what will sell this unit. it's actual performance, quality or longevity is not really important to a buyer that just wants to go fast out of the box. i for one, am eagerly awaiting the youtube videos of noobs obliterating these things on curbs, trees, etc. i have a feeling there will be more than a few.
    Last edited by floater; 01-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    As with every new thing out there it opens with a high purchase price but it won't stay that way forever. Look at the rrp on an erbe. You will have you masses that will want to be a part of the first few to have one but guaranteed once the hype blows over they will drop in price. There is nothing to be disappointed about as Traxxas has nearly done everything else why not bring out a new model, it's better than doing another boring SCT. They have their MT range, a micro range, a boat range, numerous 4x4, ect.. Where people expecting a heli?? what's better than releasing a model that has the potential to do 100mph RTR? The marketing was spot on, they had every body guessing didn't they? Tuned to the Traxxas website everyday just to see if there maybe a clue to what it is. Then the YouTube vid was spot on, very well produced. I was kinda waiting for the danger zone song from Top Gun to be played..All in all a superb model. And yes I will be getting one as soon as the hype blows over mail ordered direct from the States..

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.486945,153.032587
    Last edited by Double G; 01-04-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    remember that thread that user started about 7 models coming soon? that's where that comes from.

i wish i could afford a XO-1 i think ti will be awesome to have a 1/7 scale flying thru a smooth parking lot and show off it's top speed. the black one looks awesome.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.