RC Competitor

Post Esc suggestions?

What esc is best 4 a rustler, I've heard a lot about the castle creations mamba max pro 1 cell esc and the mmp. Can these run sensored and sensor less motors? How about 2-4 pole motors? Cheat mode is appealing to me but I worry about lack of bec.

RC Champion
    You've got it down pat. Yes, they (Castle MMP) can run sensored or sensorless and two or 4 pole motors.

And the BEC is a little weak but not a big deal as you can get options which take care of it for less than $10 total. The MMP is a pretty terrific ESC and handles up to 6S.

There is a specific 1 cell mmp, so be sure to check that out.
    Last edited by shagnat; 11-28-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Competitor
    Any one here run a castle 1 cell special edition mmp on their 4wd drive or traxxas car?

That mmp 1 cell edition is specifically design for 1/12 in door pan cars. They run 1s lipos. No.recommended for anything else.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Enthusiast
    Get a four pole motor for the most power.
    Slash, Flysky, Castle Creations

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    What Emaxx2.0 said is really important. The 1Cell version of the MMP is specially built for applications where your only allowed to run 1S (or 1 lipo cell) for a maximum of 4.2 volts. 1/12 pan cars is the only application I know of where this ESC would be used but it is NOT recommended for a typical 1/10 truck like a rustler.

The MMP on the other hand IS meant and IS perfect for a Rustler... its not the cheapest way to go but its probably the most capable ESC. The only time you'll ever have issues with the BEC on an MMP is if you run a High Voltage servo. If your running stock or typical 4.8-6 volt servos that are not CRAZY fast or don't have CRAZY torque you'll be fine. I run a Savox 1258 in my pede with the MMP and its perfect. I run a Hitec HS-7965 in my Blitz with an MMP and again, no issues at all.

The MMP can run pretty much any motor you can throw at it. Sensored, sensor less, 1/8 scale, brushed... 2 pole, 4 pole... whatever.

RC Competitor
    How 'bout the hitec hs-646wp?

They do make bec boosters
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP