RC Competitor

Carbon fiber body

Hey
    So today I was bored on the Internet and after a while I decided I want to make a carbon fiber body with a kit. I would like to know if this has been done ever before and if so please post pictures I would love to see your work. Does anyone know where to buy a carbon fiber DIY kit? I will post pics once done.
    It might take a couple months to post but I will eventually and I'll do it with a video.

RC Champion
    Hope it turns out STRONG. Carbon fiber would be pretty brittle to create something like a body, which is usually made out of Lexan. Part of the reason why rc bodies are so strong is because the flex. Good luck with your project, though, I love the idea. And it would look pretty sweet!
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I think a full steel roll cage with carbon fiber body panels would be pretty cool, and might hold up ok cause of the strength of the cage.

RC Competitor
    I know there is a guy on ebay selling bullet proof bodies . Unsure of the product to make it though . Supose to be very strong . But the price is $100 so was thinking of trying it just to see .

RC Champion
    the guy on the internet that sell's the "bulletproof" bodies is just spraying them with bedliner, for 1:1 truck's. Make's the bodies way to heavy for racing and only good for bashing. As long as you don't mind the COG being so high.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the replies and ideas I will keep you posted on my progress.

RC Qualifier
    It's gonna be hard to make a carbon fiber body but you can look into hydro dipping a body in a carbon fiber pattern which would be cool.

RC Competitor
    sounds like a great idea,and carbon fiber will flex just fine,I have a guy that has made carbon fiber parts for my sport bike,they hold up awesome even through a crash,definitely keep us posted on it.

RC Competitor
    I've got a buddy working on a CF Slash body with Kevlar. It's been a long process for him but he's pretty confident that the end product will be great. We'll see..... The Ebay guy selling those 'bullet proof" bodies sent my buddy one of his shells to test, it is a 1:1 truck bedliner that he gets to adhere to the Slash body. It is pretty heavy and does change he COG but it's been totally abused so far with no cracking whatsoever. Well worth the $100 in my opinion. BTW the CF body will end up costing over $200
    RUSH ²ıı² -Made in Taiwan, made faster in America

RC poster
    I think RC4WD had a CF short course body for sale at one time but it was like $300

What truck will you model it after?
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL