RC poster

New 3.3 getting hot

I got a new T Maxx during break in the engine was getting hot 270 to 300 got up to 350 once. I have tried to turn the fuel up and run it more rich and still getting hot. I heard it might have a air leak where would I start checking for that? I am lost on to why I can't keep temps down

Welcome to the forums! I would check for air leaks around the base of the carb were it meets the engine block, look for tiny little holes in the fuel line, or air leaking around the engine backing plate. One way to test for air leaks is to get the engine idling and spray carb cleaner or brake cleaner around those said areas (without getting it in or on the air filter, that ruins the test) and see if the engine RPM changes at all. If it does change, the engine is sucking in the spray through the air leak, changing the engine RPM. Good luck, hope this helps!
    Is owning 25 RC's too many?... Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma View Post
    I got a new T Maxx during break in the engine was getting hot 270 to 300 got up to 350 once. I have tried to turn the fuel up and run it more rich and still getting hot. I heard it might have a air leak where would I start checking for that? I am lost on to why I can't keep temps down

So you are trying to tune your R/C with just adjusting the HSN? It doesn't work that way. There's your LSN and if it's not set right you can run the HSN as rich as you like and it will run like poop and have high temps, smoke trails too.

Tune with no more than 1/2 a tank of fuel, the TMAXX leans up as the fule level drops, best to tune it at 1/2 a tank.

Read your wornews manual especially the part about tuning for performance. Along with that here is a write up to help those who are new to nitro... Even if you know 2 strokes it's still a bit different to tune...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Oops, forgot something. Besides the owners manual this link... https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ul-Tuning-tips

Sorry about that.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Oops, forgot something. Besides the owners manual this link... https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ul-Tuning-tips

Sorry about that.
    i cant tell you how many times i have quoted that link NN lol, i cant thank you enough for that.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx