RC Racer

Revo Tires and A-arms on Slayer

Hi, I am thinking of tearing apart the drive train on my slayer pro and putting on the Revo a-arms and also putting on Revo Street Tires, I have read that I might have to change the gear ratio but is this a must if I still want a high top speed? Any suggestions welcome

RC poster
    yes the bigger tires will give you a higher top speed but it might bog a lot off the line with slow acceleration.

RC Qualifier
    i turned a revo into a slayer pro. keep in mind that its more than just arms and wheels u need.

RC Racer
    Ya EM I need toe links and drive shafts too I believe maybe a few others

RC Enthusiast
    I'm converting mine too. Cant keep the slayer from rolling i dont like it as a sc truck as an all around basher, and its hard to control in the air. Im Just waiting for parts to come in. I already have the center diff for the revo(ordered a slayer one got the revo one) and the 17mm hub adapters from when I switched to buggy tires also I got the 40t spur. And I ordered stock revo a arms, driveshafts(not center those are the same)and pushrods and links along with some big joes and tech 5 wheels and a revo body and stock bumpers. That should be everything needed to do a full conversion. You don't need the center diff you can instead get revo primary gears. Also I didnt have any parts for the optidrive.. might get later as reverse would be nice on a basher...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Update** So Yesterday I went to my LHS and picked up A-Arms, Push Rods and Toe Links. Also got my slipper clutch and fuel tank rebuild kit. The only think I am missing now is driveshafts as nobody seems to sell them in my area. Also I have noticed that the slipper clutch shoes in the rebuild kit I got are aluminum whereas the original were a fibre material. Any differences with these? Also my fuel tank seemed too be leaking around the lid so I put the new spring and gasket on and hopefully will make a difference. Question: how do i remove the a-arms?

RC Enthusiast
    Remove skidplates and bumpers and you will see hinge pins remove those anda arms come out of chassis then remove the pivotballs pushrods and toe links. Make sure you put the pivotballs n hubs on the new arms before attaching to.chassis, much easier that way.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk