RC poster

programming, need to stop flipping over

I was wondering if anybody could help me program the mamba esc so I could stop pulling wheelies all the time. I would like to get a better launch or when going half throttle giving it more still flips over. I put a robison racing slipper clutch in and Installed a center diff but the revo still flips over and the front tires ballon out I love this truggy but I need help tunning this beast. I run 6 s lipo with 30 busrt and my other batteries with 40 c burst Any suggesitons also I would like to get some good street/ dirt tires that dont ballon out and can handle all the torque ??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    6s lipo is half your problem- unless you have vast amounts of ground to run on then it's just too much ( wasted ) power really for every day bashing needs, 4s lipo is more than enough and will reduce wheelies and flips alot.

For your center diff, you need to be running 500k oil in it to have any chance of stopping/ reducing the front tires just ballooning like crazy and wasting all the power ( it's well documented how hard it is to tune the traxxas CD, hence why guys give up or modify a 1/8 diff to fit- talk to Mistercrash ).

As for programming options, punch control to 100% and lower the timing to zero minimum, should take some of the edge off.

If you are running the latest v1.32 firmware ( or anything after v1.24 ) without any throttle issues ( low speed surges or cogging ), then look at the Torque control feature; this is much like punch control but works much better to reduce wheelspin and helps to make controlled launches. Good discussion/ instructions here: Clicky

How to use / adjust the other features & firmware etc + their effect can be found here:

CASTLE LINK GUIDE

I'm assuming you have the MMM ( Mamba Monster ) system ofcourse, which requires you to purchase a Castlelink or Fieldlink in order to make any alterations..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Yes I' am running the mamba monster I bought this truck with the titan brushed system it was to slow So I bought the mamba 2200kv system and wow what a difference. This is my fisrt Rc and I love it and the hobbie I have not updated the mamba syatem since MAY I know that might be bad just have not had time I just have enough time to bash and fix I will try out what you said and will check out your link Thank you so much I hope it works out for the best. What would be a good street tire / dirt that will not ballon out ? I guess I should order up so 4 s lipos also

RC poster
    I think the center diff came with 500k in it I was thinking I might need lighter oil ??

RC Qualifier
    Tape or do the fishing line trick on your tires to reduce ballooning. As for the CD oil, I've heard some people say that the 500k oil is too light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    500k on any other truck would essentially lock the diff, on the traxxas trucks it might as well be 10k oil in there for the good it does; some guys resort to honey or mixing stuff into the oil to make it thicker/heavier- unless you are racing you dont really need the CD anyway.

Taping the inside of the tires can work ( if the tape doesnt come loose ), fishing line trick works but depends on the tread pattern ( straight grooves required ).

As for best street tyres, either Proline Road rages ( 40 series is better really for the size of the truck ) or HPI Phaltlines- either option with rims to match ofcourse from the respective vendors.

If running in the street you will want to lower and stiffen the suspension ( shocks to outer a-arm holes, heavier springs ) to help with handling and aero.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    If you don't want to wheelie and flip over so much just reprogram your trigger finger with your brainlink
    SUMMIT
    ERBE
    Peed4X42400
    ThunderTigerMT4-G3